Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barbrn1002 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2011, 09:18 AM
    How much is my 1981 Noritake Limerick China set worth?
    I have a 12-place setting of Noritake china - Limerick pattern. I have a serving bowl also. They were all wedding gifts when I got married in 1981. How much is the set worth today?
    Nillalily Posts: 16, Reputation: 9

Apr 22, 2011, 12:12 AM
    Go to the website replacements.com. They have thousands of manufacturer's of china and crystal, old and new. Click on the N for Noritake and then find your pattern in the list. If they have any pieces then the retail price is listed right there. They also buy china and crystal. Keep this in mind - most fine china, porcelain, and crystal have 3 values - one is the retail price, another is what a dealer will pay for a piece, usually 40-50% of retail, and then there is the insurance value, which is almost double of the retail price. That's what an insurance company would pay to replace stolen or destroyed pieces. Obviously the older and rarer pieces are worth more. I deal in art glassware, depression glass, ceramics and some china. The replacements.com site has been extremely helpful in determining the value of some of my pieces. It's worth a try! You can also try eBay but only look in the "buy it now" sections for real retail prices. Good luck!
    Nillalily Posts: 16, Reputation: 9

Apr 22, 2011, 12:17 AM
    Try going to replacements.com. Click on the N for Noritake and then find Sylvia 6603 in the list. If they have any pieces the retail price is listed right there. Be aware that most collectible china and crystal have 3 values - retail, and then what a dealer would pay for a piece which is usually 40-50% of retail and also the insurance value, which is usually double the retail value. The insurance value is what the insurance company will pay for replacement. Good luck!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2011, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillalily View Post
    Try going to replacements.com. Click on the N for Noritake and then find Sylvia 6603 in the list. If they have any pieces the retail price is listed right there. Be aware that most collectible china and crystal have 3 values - retail, and then what a dealer would pay for a piece which is usually 40-50% of retail and also the insurance value, which is usually double the retail value. The insurance value is what the insurance company will pay for replacement. Good luck!

Do you have a site for the "insurance value ... double the retail value" info? I work with insurance companies and have never heard this before.

Are you in that industry and is it standard in your area?

When my china was damaged when my basement flooded my insurance company gave me replacement value which was, in fact, the retail value.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Estimated value of Noritake set of China [ 5 Answers ]

Have a set of service for 12 of Noritake China with the Sheridan pattern. It consists of service for 12 of 12 plates, Cup and saucers, Bread and butter plates, plus numerous serving pieces. The set is believed to be at least 125 years old Plus. All are in excellent condition.Thanks for your help

Monetary Value of Noritake China Set [ 4 Answers ]

I inherited a set of Noritake China and would like to know the value. On the back it says Noritake Handpainted with a Letter M in the middle. Below that it says Made in Japan, then Japanese writing, then No. 16034. I do not know the name of the pattern but it is white with gold scrollwork all the...

Value of Noritake china set [ 1 Answers ]

I have a set of Noritake that was initially a service for 20. It is now a set for 18 with some extra pieces. Each piece has the Noritake mark and the pattern is "Reina". I would like to determine the approximate value for sale.

Value of Noritake China set [ 1 Answers ]

I had a 12 piece service of Noritake china 6603 Sylvia. My home was recently damaged and I need to have a value to give to the homeowners 3 of my plates were broken but they want a value of the whole set not just the pieces. They said they don't go by pieces but by sets. Thanks patalmag

View more questions Search