Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Noimtheboss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2011, 11:08 PM
    I need some guidance from very wise people
    My boyfriend and I started dating when I was a freshman in high school and he was a senior. He took a year off to work after he graduated but he ended up getting laid off. He's planning to go to a 2 year school to get a degree in something he really loves after this year of 'down time' is over. Here is kind of a chart of where we are going to be at because it's a little confusing. I'm on the left, he's on the right

Freshman HS-Senior HS
    Sophomore HS-Year off to work
    Junior HS- First year in College
    Senior HS-Second year in College
    1st year College- Working
    2nd year College- Working
    3rd year College-Working
    4th year College-Working
    Working-Working

He is going away for college so its going to be a hard 2 years for both of us. I'd like to live off campus with him all 4 years of my college but I know that wherever he finds work depends on where we would live and then were I would go to school. But depending on the school I might have to live on campus for my freshman year so it wouldn't even matter where I would go because we would be just as separated. Tips and personal experiences would help :]
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2011, 11:58 PM

So where exactly are you at now? Junior or senior year?

My advice, pick a school that you will love regardless of where he will or won't be. Because chances are it won't last. I'm not saying it's impossible. But it's just not likely that the two of you will stay together throughout all of your high school and college years. And it would be miserable if you moved away from your family to go to a school your didn't have your heart set on just to be near him and then the two of you break up.

It's important for you to have your own life and really find yourself and that's a big part of what going away for college is all about. Don't deprive yourself of the full experience.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2011, 01:09 PM
    You think you ha e it figured out, but from experience a four year school normally takes more than four years, and sometimes up to 6 or 7 since it depends how many credits you are taking for semester, and if you keep the same major the whole time.

Moving in together is a bad idea. And limiting yourself because of where he is going to work is even worse. You need to focus on important things like your future instead of living in your fairy tail world. Is OK since you are young, but hopefully when you graduate you will have matured a little more and will have learned to use common sense to make your life decisions.

Good luck,
    Javi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wise to leave? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi my name is rachelle I am 17 and pregnant with my second child (that was unplanned) that is due in early June, my daughter is 8 months old and I am in a bit of a situation and I am not sure how to go about it, I am wanting to leave my children's father (who I've been with for 4 years)and move...

A little guidance from the wise would be grand! [ 16 Answers ]

Right now in my life there are too many things going on... Too many options. I need focus so I would love some guidance and direction from someone who is older and wiser than myself... I'm in the my mid 20s and just moved to NYC after a year of travel to get back into pursuing my love of...

Old wise tales [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my husband or all in to the old wise tales and there is one that we wanted to try and I can't rember it it haves to do with drano I think but if you put that in the toilet and pee it will turn a certain color does anybody know how this one goes?

Wise crackin' parrot [ 1 Answers ]

A magician booked a gig on a cruise ship and the captain wanted the magician to guard his prized parrot. But the parrot was a wise guy and every time the magician would do his act, the parrot would tell the audience, "Aaak, it's behind the chair" "Aaak, it's up his sleeve" Well the magician...

View more questions Search