Ask
    ghreeb5 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2011, 08:40 PM
    Tenda 150Mbps Portable Wireless
    Hi

I have a computer without supporting wireless network

Is this device works with me

From Wireless to ethernet ?

Tenda 150Mbps Portable Wireless AP/Router (W150M+)

http://usb.brando.com/tenda-150mbps-portable-wireless-ap-router-w150m-_p01845c046d015.html
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2011, 06:07 AM

Do you have a internet provider... and do you have a USB or built in wireless adapter in your computer to connect to that router?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Apr 20, 2011, 06:39 AM

If your computer doesn't support wireless it will not work with this. (of course ad hoc is always an option but we won't go there)

Apr 25, 2011, 09:53 AM
    Yes I have internet provider

And laptop works good

But my PC not have wireless adapter just ethernet card

Uber Member

Apr 25, 2011, 10:02 AM

I asked because some people think they if they have wifi they can just hop on the internet anyplace free. Wanted to be sure you had the basics you need to do this from home. And you have most of them.

You will have to buy a USB port wireless adapter card for your laptop if it doesn't have one built in. Are you sure it doesn't have one built in? Most laptops do. You have to know if your router is a Wireless N or a Wireless G type if you buy one to get the best one for your needs.
    Networking Expert

Apr 26, 2011, 08:15 AM

Smoothy: I think the OP is saying he has two. One laptop w/wireless and a desktop without.

If this is the case you will need a wireless adapter of some sort. USB is most likely what you'll want to get. Again, as smoothy mentioned, take heed to the type of router and get a corresponding USB Adapter!

Apr 27, 2011, 05:56 AM
    Thanks Smoothy

ITstudent2006

This is what I mean

Thanks for the help

But is the device works with me?

Because I have a receiver without USB
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2011, 06:06 AM

So you have a PCI or a PCI-Express Wireless adapter for the computer?

Any configuration would be similar to a USB adapter. Only you may have to load any drivers yourself from the supplied disk. It doesn't HAVE to be a USB type adapter... those are just the most common.

You need to see if its recognized and is working under control panel/ system/ hardware.
    Networking Expert

Apr 27, 2011, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ghreeb5 View Post
    Because I have a receiver without USB
    I am unsure what you mean by this! Can you explain?

Does your desktop have ANY wireless capabilities? Whether this is PCI, PCIe, USB, etc..

Apr 27, 2011, 09:55 AM
    Smoothy

Thank you very much

ITstudent2006

I am unsure what you mean by this! Can you explain?
    I mean satellite receiver e.g. humax
    din06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2011, 07:44 PM
    Hi there,

I've just bought Tenda W150M+ portable wireless AP/Router
    Unable to get access to admin setup page (http://192.168.2.1)
    Followed all instruction in the quick guide.
    I don't have any problem accessing my existing Modem 192.168.1.1

Please help?

Din

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need info on purchasing verizon wireless aircard or wireless usb modem for laptop [ 1 Answers ]

I have a verizon wireless router that use to take a PC air card, but I didn't pay for the use, it was set up through my former employer. I need to get service now using the router and don't know how or what to buy as far as the PC card or the wireless usb modem (I am not very saavy on this stuf).

Weird Wireless Issue, laptop shuts down wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, here it goes. I am in the process of fixing a buddies computer. He has a dv8000 HP. When I got it, he said that it will not connect to the internet either through wireless or cat5. I brought it home, were have a wireless network and tried to connect. I get no connection and limited or no...

Connect Pantech UM175 wireless broadband modem to Belkin Wireless G router [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Pantech UM 175 wireless broadband modem from Millenicom and I am able to hook it up to a laptop running Vista, a laptop running XP, and a PC running XP individually. However, I would like to have it where I can create a network so that any or all of the computers can access the internet...

Wireless Firebox X at branch & wireless jet direct box [ 4 Answers ]

I have a wireless router at my store branch, but no wireless PC at that location. I have a wireless jet direct box for my printer. My 1st question: Do I need a wirless PC at this location in order to connect my wireless jet direct box to the router? My 2nd question: Do I need to add IP...

Portable DVD player - portable battery [ 3 Answers ]

We're getting ready to take a long trip (air mostly) with the kids, and have purchased two Sony FX810's for their use. The battery's are new, and in good shape, I let them each use the players ONE day to see how long the life was, and we got about 2 1/2 moves out of them - or roughly 5 hours as...

View more questions Search