Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jojokkasd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2011, 08:00 PM
    My dog ate a small pork bone
    My dog ate a small pork bone last night. She threw up this morning, and again tonight. Should I be worried? She acted normal through out the day. She even pooped twice this morning.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2011, 08:07 PM

If she is having bowel movements and the stool looks healthy, no blood and is solid, then you shouldn't have any issues.

Dogs bellies are designed to digest bone. The scary part is swallowing the sharp pieces. Next time it happens, force feed your dog bread and/or cotton balls to help cushion the lining of the stomach and intestine.

If she stops eating, throws up blood and acts very lethargic, that's going to be a needed trip to your vet! Keep a close eye on her. If you have any suspicion at all, contact your vet immediately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ahh my dog ate a pork side rib bone [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! Should I be calling a vet. My 75lbs ridgeback ate a Cooked pork side rib bone, (4 of them) off the counter. They were about the size of a ladies ring finger. My fiancé and I are pretty freaked out. She seems OK right now, but we are watching her closely. Any advice??

Dog ate Pork Bone [ 4 Answers ]

My Terrier ate Pork bone and is throwing up now. Haven't seen any diarrea just throwing up. What should I do?

Small chihuahua ate a pork bone [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is a small chihuahua and she was chewing a pork bone. I threw it away and the next day I got home from school and she was breathing heavy, wouldn't move much, shaking and it hurt her to pick her up by her ribs. It's been storming all week so I can't take her to the vet, what should I do? I'm...

My dog ate a pork bone [ 13 Answers ]

My fox terrier ate a pork bone last night and this morning at 6 am he went out to potty and was having trouble pooping. I let him in and out a few times finally when he did go it was in the house and when I cleaned it up I noticed it was hard and had bone fragments in it. Then he started to throw...

My dog ate a pork bone [ 2 Answers ]

My dog ate a cooked pork bone tonight. My dad gave it to her thinking that it was OK because we have given her beef bones and she does good with those. I am worried because I heard that they split and can do a lot of damage. I don't know what to do. She is a lab/beagle mix and about 50lbs. Do I...

View more questions Search