Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lalav84 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 01:04 PM
    simplifying algebra
    how would you "simplify" (2x =5)(3x-3), I don't know where to start?
    cool_dude Posts: 124, Reputation: 9

Jan 24, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lalav84
    how would you "simplify" (2x =5)(3x-3), i dont know where to start?
    are you sure you wrote the question right?

is it (2x-5)(3x-3) ?

If so then to simplify all you need to do is expand the brackets and collect the like terms together.
    Thegreywizard Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Jan 25, 2007, 09:49 AM
    um well with what you wrote you would make each = 0 so

2x=5+0 so
    2x=5
    2x/2=5/2
    x=2.5

then 3x-3=0
    3x/3=3/3
    x=1

there for x = 1 ans x= 2.5

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need help with algebra II [ 7 Answers ]

I have many problems.First I have to solve an equation algebraically using a number line.I know how to do it but one problem is tricky. 0 is less than or equal to -x squared -3x-70 how can I answer this?

Need help with simplifying, factoring, and verifying in Trigonometry [ 1 Answers ]

have a take home quiz that I need to do well on. Having trouble with these: Simplify. + Factor and then simplify. (sec^2x-1)/(1+secx) Factor then simplify. Cos^4x-2cos^2+1 Verify. (cotx tanx)/sinx=cscx

Algebra 2 [ 1 Answers ]

(5 TO THE POWER OF 4/5 TIMES 5 TO THE POWER OF 4/5) n this whole to the pwer of -10 Cube root of 2 divided by cube root 54 x to the power of 1/3 times x to the pwer of 1/4 square root of 64(x to the poer of 12) (7 to the power of 3/4) to the power of -2/9

Algebra [ 1 Answers ]

Can you please help me with this algebra problem: find points and slope of the following linear equation: (y+1)= -1/2(x-2) I know the slope is -1/2 Are the points (2, -1)??

Simplifying algerbraic fractions and using logs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm having some problems with this A2 level maths quesition. How do you simplify the following algerbraic fration?: (x^2 + 4x + 3)/(x^2 + x) I have used the notation x^2 as 'the square of x' Also, how do you find the value of x when log2(x^2 + 4x + 3)-log2(x^2 + x) My notation for...

View more questions Search