Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guitarchick12 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2011, 07:54 AM
    How do I get out?
    I'm 15 and ready to leave on my own. My dad and I get into extreme (sometimes violent) fights, my mom and I are constantly not getting along. Also erupting into major (sometimes violent) fights. It can be on the stupidest things. I live in the US and want to be emancipated. The home life for me is uncontrollable for me seeing as I'm the minor. I have tried family therapy, medication, and other such solutions to help with our very unstable environment. My best friend and I are contemplating running away.. its reached extreme points. And I feel unsafe and vulnerable in my house hold
    Shiran Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2011, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarchick12
    I'm 15 and ready to leave on my own. my dad and i get into extreme (sometimes violent) fights, my mom and i are constantly not getting along. also erupting into major (sometimes violent) fights. it can be on the stupidest things. I live in the US and want to be emancipated. The home life for me is uncontrollable for me seeing as i'm the minor. i have tried family therapy, medication, and other such solutions to help with our very unstable environment. my best friend and i are contemplating running away.. its reached extreme points. and i feel unsafe and vulnerable in my house hold
    It's best to seek family counselling for these situations.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2011, 08:14 PM
    You shouldn't, at least not yet, how would you pay for everything. What you are wanting to do is moving away form a torturous, controlled environment, into one where your life would be filled with responsibilities.

Good Luck,
    Javi
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Apr 22, 2011, 10:16 PM

I can see why you want to leave, but the fact is, it's not practical when you are only 15. What is causing the problem to begin with? Have you tried talking to your parents calmly about the situation? Do they always react negatively? Do you think that what you say to them or do might provoke a conflict?

When I was younger, I sometimes got into little arguments with my parents and it would always blow up into something out of control. I realized quickly that I could just avoid conflict by just filtering what I said or just not saying anything and doing the right thing.

I think a lot of teens feel overwhelmed by the things their parents do or say. You aren't alone. Always try to stay out of your parents issues and try not to get into a conflict with them. Don't raise your voice or say things that will irk them.

Honestly, if your parents are really irrational and argue all the time and start arguing with you about nothing, try to just stay away from them. Sometimes it helps to have something to do that calms you down and makes you feel better. Do you have a hobby?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2011, 10:43 PM

Since this is in teens I will be both legal and moral, First unless you have a job where you can live on your own, pay all your own bills and have enough saved to hire your attorney and pay court costs, you are not going to get emancipation.
    Next there has to be a real reason why, if there is a police record of fights and police being called, that may be the reason.

But that is it, why do you fight, why don't you just walk away from the fighting, It takes two to fight so don't be one of the two.

Next call the police if you are being physically harmed, report it to the school counselor or trusted teacher.

If you run away, you just get the police called, end up with a juv record, and get sent home or to Juv detention.
    Plus a young teen by themselves on the streets, is just asking for bad to get really worst fast.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search