Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fremen3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2003, 09:44 AM
    Usa TV series
    Hello,

I remember as a child catching a TV series, where a guy goes to jail for a crime he does not commit. Spends his time wisely in jail learning how to do stuff and then goes out to take revenge on the people who set him up. When he take revenge he always leaves a playing card (I think an Ace of Spades), as a calling card.

Somebody suggested it may be the Magician - but I find no reference on web sites about this show, about a playing card being left or the main character going to jail.
    Any ideas I would be very grateful!

Lee
    rosends Posts: 78, Reputation: 22

Mar 11, 2003, 08:34 AM
    usa TV series
    I know that the Jack Scalia show "Pointman" had some similar elements, but I can't find a connection to the Ace of Spades element.

As for the Magician, it was a Bill Bixby show:

http://www.tvparty.com/remagician.html

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...t/showid-5422/

But it doesn't seem to fit the bill. The story you describe sounds like an update of the Count of Monte Cristo, but I can't find a TV series that aligns itself too closely with that story by Dumas.
    fremen3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2003, 08:57 AM
    usa TV series
    Hi there,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I am thinking it may be a film, but it had that 1970's feel about it. I can only remember seeing the one episode.

I appreciate your input.

Lee
    peter01242 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2006, 12:29 PM
    I think the series you are looking for is called "Sword of Justice".
    It was a 1970's series about a rich playboy jailed for a crime he didn't commit
    Who learns the tricks of the criminal in order to beat them at their own game when he is released.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077087/

Hope this helps.
    rmac1954 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2008, 10:05 AM
    If you remember the main character had inhereted a lot of money, and he "played" the spoiled rich kid as a cover.

It was an Ace of Spades that he left at the scene, and he had gone to prison. Your memory served you well.

I really liked the show and was pissed when it was canceled.
    Stewie99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 11:50 AM
    I can remember a TV series which maybe the one you recall. I remember watching it in the early seventies I think and the cast comprised of two men and one girl who seemed t get caught up in various plots before coming out on top. I can't recall much about it (although I do remember that I liked it) but seem to recall an episode when the gang came across a collection of lod ladies 'gone bad' and that the last episode ended with them all being blown up!
    For some reason, the name 'Jet' seems to be conncetd with the series either as a charecters name or maybe it was the theme song (Paul McCartney).
    Stewie99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 11:50 AM
    I can remember a TV series which maybe the one you recall. I remember watching it in the early seventies I think and the cast comprised of two men and one girl who seemed t get caught up in various plots before coming out on top. I can't recall much about it (although I do remember that I liked it) but seem to recall an episode when the gang came across a collection of lod ladies 'gone bad' and that the last episode ended with them all being blown up!
    For some reason, the name 'Jet' seems to be conncetd with the series either as a charecters name or maybe it was the theme song (Paul McCartney).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

World Series... Why? [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me why this competition between US teams is called "World" Series, when it is only one country involved?. Shouldn't it be called just "National Series".

TV series [ 4 Answers ]

I have been asking people about this series that I think was on NBC in the 80's. It was a gangster show that was on for at least 3 seasons,one of which ended with the main bad guy in the dessert while we were testing the h-bomb.

Nasd series 7 & 66? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for any study materials for these exams available that I don't have to pay 3 arms & both legs.

What is an Activity Series? [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone explain what is an Activity Series? I looked at sites that is explaining it but I do not get it. Please try to make it simple as possible because I am really dumb. Thanks :)

Friends series 10 [ 2 Answers ]

Does anybody now if there is a 10th friends series and if yes when it´s going to be on TV?

View more questions Search