Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chjack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2011, 09:07 AM
    Don't like partners last name
    I don't want to take my partner's surname. I find it contradictory that he finds it 'no big deal' and thinks I should 'just do it'... however, I find it a huge deal we've spoke at length about it and have pointed out that I want our baby to have the same name as both of us I've even said that should he not want to take my name we can always both change or name to something that suits both of us and our baby. And start a family name of our own as it's important to me for family reasons. His parents split when his dad left and he still has his dad's name even though I do not know his dad and he has never made an effort to get to know me when we are getting married and I'm pregnant with his son's only child. I feel that I don't want to carry his name forward and whilst it's part of my partner's name I have never seen him as that surname but of his mother's and her families name... we have agreed to both change our names and decide on one together and begin a family name in our own right as he understands that this is important.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 18, 2011, 08:08 PM

You posted, what I guess is a question, as a answer to someone else's 2 year old question.

Assuming you want someone to answer you, I have moved it to its own question
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 21, 2011, 08:47 PM

You think you have problems??

My wife took my name when we married, but changed my first name to "dumba$$". Over the years though, I have answered to a lot of names and now I'm not sure what my name is any more. She refuse to put it on the front of my doghouse so who know who I am any more.

When I told her just don't call me late for dinner, she didn't!! :mad:

Do you even appreciate how lucky you are to even have a name?? One you like?? :rolleyes:
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2011, 02:40 PM

Really you are complaining about his NAME. What do you want us to say? Okay, here " Stick and stone may break my bones, but words will never hurt me". You have a man that loves you and wants to spend the rest of his life with you. Most don't even have 1/2 of what you have, and if they did, they certainly wouldn't be ashamed to take the man that they claim to LOVE name.

Hey, maybe I am seeing this through old fashion eye's. Be proud of being the woman he has chosen. Love him enough that is all that matters in the end. Oh, and for the book, I am in love with a man that am still having problems pronouncing his name correctly---good lord!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Partners depression [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am beside myself with worry for a man I love very deeply. My partner of 4 years has moved out of the family home back to his parents after his newly opened mortgage company began to fail, due to the infamous credit crunch. I believe he feels he is a failure and feels he can't give me what I...

Too many sex partners [ 49 Answers ]

I am not asking anyone to post how many partners they slept with that’s personal. The question is how many sex partners are too much? I personally think having more 3 sexual partners is too many. If woman told me that she has been with more than 3 people I would not date her, this of course...

Both partners have a Disorder [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I hope you can help me out, I'm having a lot of troubles with my relationship :( My girlfriend is diagnosed with OCD, and her obsession is with me, and that's what bugs me a little bit. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm happy being with her, but she constantly wants to be with me, and if she's...

When is too many partners too many? [ 41 Answers ]

I have really bad memory and the other night I was super bored and feeling a bit down on myself, so I started making a list of all the guys I had been with since I became sexually active and I started to wonder, if the number of partners a year was actually the norm or was I over board. Although I...

Going from friends, to partners? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dating one of my friends for about a month, and it's getting to the crossroads of the relationship. We have had a few dates - I made him dinner, he made me dinner, we went out with friends... the norm. I am getting the feeling that he is getting weird about the sexuality that has been...

View more questions Search