Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrisH250 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2011, 11:45 AM
    How do you set the timing on a 18.5 hp briggs and stratton
    Won't run it had a bent push rod and we changed the whole head now when I hit the key the fly wheel just spends I think the timing is off and I'm not sure how to go about setting it should I take the engine off and then go from the bottom to get to the timing chain or go in through the head? I would be thankful for some help
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2011, 05:54 PM

Does not have a timing chain,unless you took the engine apart and turn the gears its still in time.did you set the valve clearance when you put the new head on , and did you find out why the pushrod bent ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Set timing on a 17.5 Briggs & Stratton Motor that is on a Troy Built Pony [ 1 Answers ]

Set timing on a 17.5 Briggs & Stratton Motor that is on a Troy Built Pony

How do you set the balancer shafts on a briggs and stratton 11 horse engine [ 1 Answers ]

Horizontal shaft b.n.s 11 horse engine has two balancer shafts connected to the outer case.. how do I set them when I put the cover back on...

What nuts do I turn to set the valves on a 18.5 HP Briggs and Stratton OHV Engine [ 5 Answers ]

What is the adjustment procedure and what tools will I need?

12.5 briggs timing the motor [ 5 Answers ]

Ive recently had a connecting rod break,I replaced the rod.There is no further damage thank god!! My question is how do I time the motor back (no points)need some help??

18 hp briggs timing issue [ 1 Answers ]

I had the screw on the carb choke valve come loose and go through engine. Have dis-assembled engine and checked and cleaned valves. Lined up dots on crankshaft ring gear and cam gear at top dead center; engine sounds like it is firing on intake. What is the proper procedure for aligning the...

View more questions Search