Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlscola Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2011, 08:41 AM
    Parts for broken Patio umbrella
    Trying to repair the broken tilt mechanism on an otherwise good umbrella. Tried original manufacturer, no help at all. Can't seem to find any replacement parts online. Anyone had any luck finding parts?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2011, 09:06 AM

What manufacturer?

When mine broke I went to Sears and they had a "fits all" mechanism.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 18, 2011, 09:07 AM

Sorry to say but I have had terrible luck trying to fix these patio umbrellas unless it was just a nut or piece of rope. Most are made in China and they made no plans to make a support or parts department.

Apr 18, 2011, 10:00 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Hi Judy, Thanks for responding. I searched Sears online for an umbrella tilt mechanism but no luck so far. Any chance you have a part or model number for your "fits all"?

Apr 18, 2011, 10:07 AM
    Comment on ballengerb1's post
    Thanks for replying. I hope I have better luck. Shame to throw it away for lack of a part.
    hirenmodi Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2012, 01:33 AM
    @ballengerb1
    I'm agree with you. But, we can get answer from retailer. What you think about it?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 29, 2012, 09:21 AM
    Not sure what you mean here "But, we can get answer from retailer" what answer did the retailer give you?
    hr944 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2012, 08:33 AM
    I have the same problem.
    Just found this site, and ordered a tilt mechanism. I will post the results, after I receive it. Hope this helps.
    Here is the link

http://www.servicesupportlink.com/1139-3layer-umbrella-tilting11393.html
    lillianmorris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2012, 03:12 AM
    One of the poles in my umbrella is broken. I don't need the whole frame, just one piece of the frame. I can't seem to find single pieces for sale.

Please advise.

Lill
    JuanaMPA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2012, 05:13 PM
    Please. Let me know if you was able to fix your umbrella. I am planning to order it too. But I will love to know how hard were to replace it.
    roblef Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2013, 07:24 AM
    How did it work out?
    kensmba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2013, 06:54 AM
    I have repaired broken ribs (the box tubing -or wooden- spar that that runs from the top center to the outermost edge of the umbrella fabric) and it is quite simple. Purchase a section of angle aluminum (approximately the same size as the broken spar, and if you are not sure what that is, Google the term "angle aluminum" for a picture) from Lowe's, Home Depot, etc for about $3.00-$5.00, along with some small self tapping sheet metal screws. (use sheet metal screws for tubular metal spars and wood screws for wooden spars. Straighten out the bent metal spar or rejoin the broken wooden spar and use the section of angle aluminum to reinforce or even replace the bent or broken spar. Drill through the aluminum and into the broken spar, use the screws to hold it all together. Works good, lasts a long time. Hope you find this tip helpful.
    bikebun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2013, 08:50 AM
    Sumilar problem. Broken tilt position button. The shoulder on the button that locks into the verticle or tilt position key grove sheared off when the wind blew it over. And it is a new umbrella. Searcheed the internet with no success..
    [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement plastic parts for offset patio umbrella [ 2 Answers ]

I have an offset umbrella and the plastic part that holds umbrella open broke. Where could I find this part?

Southern patio umbrella parts? [ 0 Answers ]

We need to replace the top of our 53"-6 rib umbrella. Where can we get one?

Patio umbrella parts ? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a large cantilever patio umbrella ($800) :mad: that has a crack in the pole collar support and I need to replace it. I cannot find any site that can help me as I bought it from Expo (Home Depot) off the floor and did not get a users manual. All I can find are the names Glatz Ltd which is a...

Parts For Southern Patio Umbrella Offset [ 4 Answers ]

Does anybody know were to find parts for a Southern Freedom Butterfly Perfect Patio offset umbrella. Or does anybody know of a parts place for outside patio umbrellas. Thanks Thomas

View more questions Search