Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisa_14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2011, 12:19 AM
    Is this normal?? Am I overreacting??
    Hello I'm a 14 year old girl and both my parents have a disability my mothers is severe and my fathers is mild... It is really hard for me to think of my parents as my parents for almost as long as I can remember I have been given the wife and mother, my mother and my little sister have become like my children and my father I think of him as my husband... I have so many responsibities at home everything from budgeting and balancing the books to helping my sister with homework to looking after the emoptional and physical needs of the family and satisfying my fathers sexual needs as well... I am questioning whether this is right and sometimes I just get so angryu I feel like I'm going to explode... its just I feel bad for questioning this cause I Love him and I'm not suppose to question his actions.

Is this normal am I just overeacting?
    nutzz Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Apr 18, 2011, 12:35 AM
    This is not at all normal... You should not be satisfying your father's sexual needs... Of course you should take up responsibilities of the household since your mother is not able to do so.. But at the same time you should find time for yourself too.. You should clearly deny your father and save yourself from this assault..
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2011, 12:41 AM

Where do you live?
    Can you talk to an outside responsible adult?

You need to get help and you need to get out-what your father is doing is illegal and your situation is far from normal.
    lisa_14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2011, 01:20 AM
    Comment on amicon's post
    I'm in australia, I'm trying to get up the courage to tell my counsellor at school... its just I have this loyalty and love for him and I feel responsible for his wellbeing still
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2011, 01:24 AM

Please go talk to them tomorrow-you need help-you are being abused and used.
    ken007nielsen Posts: 288, Reputation: 211

Apr 18, 2011, 05:09 AM
    Hello Lisa.

What your experiencing is in no way normal, you're a teenager - other girls your age is worried about what they going to wear tomorrow or some test at school, or something similar to that. As your life is right now you have the responsibilities of a grown women in every sense of the word and that's wrong on so many levels and I feel very sorry for you - it's too much.

About the sexual assault, and it is sexual assault - if you think otherwise it's because that's the way you've been raised. BUT is IS wrong I promise you.

While you build up your courage to go see the counsellor please keep this in mind, not long from now - your sister is going to experience the same things you have since your father can't tell right from wrong and she might not be as strong as you - and it will have dire consequences. Perhaps not immediate, but they will show later on in life.

So tomorrow preferly now - talk to someone explain your situation.. But get it done, not only for yourself but for your sister as well!
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2011, 08:18 PM
    Lisa, what you are experiencing not normal. You have been brought up in a very weird environment and have a fog-like way of thinking. There is help out there, don't gather the courage to speak to your counselor... JUST DO IT!!

Good Luck,
    Javi
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 23, 2011, 04:31 AM

Quote Originally Posted by lisa_14 View Post
    its just i feel bad for questioning this cause i Love him and i'm not suppose to question his actions.

... its just i have this loyalty and love for him and i feel responsible for his wellbeing still
    NO!! HE is responsible for your wellbeing, not the other way around. You do not owe someone loyalty when they are abusing you.

I can understand being asked to help around the house etc. But asking you to perform sexual favors crossed over the line. Once he did that, he lost any consideration as a parent. You need to put a stop to this NOW before he starts in on your sister.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm not sure if my boyfriend is over his ex or am I overreacting? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and this guy started dating for a month. Then, I went to study abroad for 4 months in another country, thinking it would end. But we talked a lot while I was over there and got more attached as we went, he was so sweet, caring and funny and we were calling each other bf/gf halfway through. This...

Am I overreacting? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 13 (and a girl). I've been away from home for about 2 weeks and of course, haven't seen my best friend in that time (a little more than that, actually, since it's summer and we both have been kind of busy). I went over to her house just the other day though, and it was kind of awkward. We...

Is this normal, or am I overreacting? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I recently posted a question asking about my symptoms, thinking that I was pregnant. I had a miscarriage on Valentines day '08, and shortly after that found out I was pregnant again (in April). Well needless to say, that one also ended in miscarriage in June when I was 11 weeks along....

Am I overreacting? [ 21 Answers ]

Ok here's the deal. I asked my boyfriend to come hear me sing this Sunday. I knew he didn't really want to go, but the Saturday before he said that he would talk to me in the morning and tell me whether he was going. So Sunday morning comes and he doesn't call or text or anything. So I send him...

Am I overreacting [ 2 Answers ]

I need to get an objective opinion on whether I am overreacting. I've been with my wife for 9 years, and married for 7 with 2 young children and an older stepson that was from my wife's previous marriage. From the start we have had some rocky times and she always seemed to have these walls up...

View more questions Search