Ask
    koolyo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2011, 02:10 PM
    Can you be put in foster care at 16
    Can you be put in foster care at 16 in Colorado
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 17, 2011, 02:13 PM

Yes, at 16 you are still a minor and need to be in the care of an adult.

Apr 17, 2011, 02:17 PM
    Is there anyway out of foster care at 16 in Colorado
    And do they have to put my little sister in to if they do

Apr 17, 2011, 02:24 PM

First, please don't start multiple threads over the same question. If you need to add a follow-up question or info, use the Answer options at the bottom of the page.

Please explain the circumstance so we can really help. If your parents can no longer care for you or there are abuse issues, generally all children will be placed in care.

Apr 17, 2011, 02:29 PM
    So my dad is leaving and my mom wants to put my in foster care but not my little sister there is no issuse at my house my mom just douse not want me but my sister douse she have to put bolth of us in foster care if she put me and she can still care for us and everything an am 16 my sister is 13
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2011, 02:35 PM

No, you both don't HAVE to go into foster care.

Why has she decided that she doesn't want you in the house if she is able to care for you?

Where is your father in all of this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2011, 03:03 PM

Yes children can be separated and one put into foster care or one child can go with one parent and the other with another

Apr 17, 2011, 03:14 PM

First of all foster care is not a baby sitter provided by the state for when a parent doesn't want a child anymore. So if your mother thinks she will just walk into a family services office and say here's my child you take her, she is sadly mistaken. If she feels she can't take care of a 16 yr old they will wonder about taking care of a 13 yr old.

Second, why is your dad leaving? Can custody be split so you can live with your dad?

We really need even more background here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.

Can I put My nephew in Foster Care [ 11 Answers ]

I filed for and received custody of my 9 year old nephew because his mom is serving time in prison and his father is deceased.. It's been very hard since he moved in with me and has caused me to loose one job already because of me taking time off to run back and fourth to his school to the...

My nephews are in foster care and I want to care for them myself. [ 5 Answers ]

My nephews are in foster care and their mam,my sister has recently died.my mam has recently been denied kinship of the children,and I'm putting myself forward to care for them.what are my chances against social services.

Foster care [ 1 Answers ]

I hate my life at home so much, today my mum even told me she wants me out her life. So I want to take action and become fostered, but I don't know where to start?! Pleasee help mee!!

View more questions Search