Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 23, 2011, 08:17 PM

That's right, as you can only control yourself, and what you do. The rest you have to cope with, the best way you can. Same rules apply to us all.

Simple really. And very logical.
    gracedescended Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2011, 08:29 PM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    Does coping involve toleration or acceptance? For example, if you disagree with a partner. Toleration simply seems unhealthy.
    Expert

Apr 23, 2011, 08:52 PM

Tolerance is simply the understanding and acceptance of them being who they are and over which you have no control.

Its okay to be different, we all are in one way or another. Even with your partner, what's wrong if they see, and do things differently? That's their right, and choice. Deal with it, or you don't. You have to draw your own lines of good orderly direction, and no, you don't have to accept what you don't want to.

I have to tell you though that great relationship require great tolerance, because it's the tribulations and hard times that bring you closer, or split you apart. It often comes down with how well, or how willing you are to cope with the bad parts of your partner.

If you think you and another will agree on everything all the time, boy are you in for the shock of your life. It just doesn't work that way. Heck, for that matter none of us is perfect, but some of us are compatible.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 23, 2011, 08:54 PM

Wonderfully said Tal. You are the bomb!
    Expert

Apr 23, 2011, 09:04 PM

Thank You Alty, :)
    gracedescended Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2011, 09:34 PM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    Yeah, I can't expect others to be ideal. However, like you said, there are lines of good orderly direction. I think that I should wait awhile before looking again because it seems most at my age are still lost and experimenting. Thanks again! :)
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2011, 11:45 AM
    I won't continue the counter arguments that seem to be going on here,it doesn't seem to be getting through, however I will say that each individual was born of free will to do as they wish in their life,to choose what they wish to continue to do or not as the case maybe.What a wonderful world we live in just to be given the choice.I personally think everyone should experience everything they can in this life... we are not in rehearsals,we only get one chance,so go for it I say.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2011, 11:39 PM

People drink and hang out with friends in college because it's fun. They want to be around other people and have a good time. It's partly the ritual of men and women meeting, making friends. We aren't all loners.

Not everyone who drinks gets drunk, etc. Some people are excessive or immature, so they do things to extreme. But don't assume that because someone lets loose on the weekend, they aren't just as impactful in school and future ambitions as you are.

I knew a lot of people in college, myself included, who busted our backs in our classes all week, and even on weekends until quite late, then when we'd studied all we could stand, would get together and hit the bars to socialize and have a few beers. WE all did extremely well in school and our futures, and we also had full social lives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do people still live in igloos ? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a preschool teacher and the children would like to know if people still live in igloos. We read a story the other day about polar bears that also lived in an igloo. We decided that the story about the bears was fiction which lead us to the question about where the people of the north actually...

Why are there jobs with salaries where people can't live on their own? [ 7 Answers ]

10 dollar/hour. 9 dollar/hour. Rents are so high and everything... so with those salaries how the heck can you live on your own. Are most people nowadays, just limited to either finding a girlfriend and marrying and living together by each sharing the rent. Or roomates. no more are the...

Site for people who have to live with people with addictions [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, everyone. Wish I could say I'm doin' all right, but right now... Well I just can't.:( For years I've tried my best coping with having to live with people around me who abuse drugs and acohol, and I'm fed up. I can't do it anymore. Its really hard because of the drugs and the alcohol being used...

Little rat people live under the house [ 4 Answers ]

It was a kids move don't really remember what it was about but I do remember these little rat like people that lived under the house and they're was a family of them I remember one of them traveled some pipes on a roller skate sort of like a car that's how small there where and I remember the...

Is it possible for two people with different religions to live together? [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible for two people with different relisions to live together, I mean get married? And someone keep telling me that muslim guys are very hard to get alone with?Is that true?These questions confused me for a long time!! For me, I always believe that once there is love,then there will be...

View more questions Search