Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ayanami26 Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Apr 16, 2011, 03:56 PM
    Jealous of BF hugging too much
    Do you think Im overreacting to the fact that my boyfriend hugs too much? My boyfriend says it makes him uncomfortable if he "shakes" a girls hand and that's why he hugs them. The thing that bothers me more is that these are girls he meets the first day or he hardly ever knows them. I would be okay with him hugging girls if they were close friends or if they haven't seen each other for a long time. But it also doesn't mean that you should hug them every day you seen them. Am I over-exaggerating ?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2011, 06:14 PM

Some people are naturally comfortable with hugging, some people are not. However, since it bothers you, there is no reason why he couldn't just say "hi". He doesn't need to shake their hands or give them a hug (personally I would find that a bit odd when first meeting someone, but everyone is different).

For all he knows, he may be making some of these girls uncomfortable by hugging them when they have just met him or hardly know him!
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2011, 07:34 PM

I have to agree with Doula , I'm sure some or even most of these girls would feel a bit creeped out if he hugs them on their first meeting.

Tell him How much it bothers you , and if he really cares about you he'll at least make an effort to curtail it a bit.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 16, 2011, 10:02 PM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ml#post2736229

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ay-569135.html

This is but ONE of many problems you seem to have with this fellow.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2011, 12:31 AM

Has it occurred to you that you need a better boyfriend?

All the questions put together=time to move on.
    ajwain Posts: 55, Reputation: 11

Apr 17, 2011, 02:39 AM
    Talk it out to him.but he doesn't seem to be a gentleman!
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2011, 09:05 AM
    It is completely normal to hug someone, especially if they are coming from a different background. For example, I am Peruvian, and in Peru you hug and kiss on the cheek not only people that are close to you, but even on first time encounters. When I got out in Austin, Texas, all the girls I meet while I'm out I automatically hug and kiss them and whether they think is awkward they get used to it. That's just me, I think you are WAY overreacting.

Good luck,
    Javi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monster scene with young boy hugging something [ 0 Answers ]

I can vaguely remember only one scene from a film I saw years ago. It involved a boy either waking from a nightmare or waking due to noises, and hugging what he mistakes for his father, but is actually some kind of monster. This is the only thing I can remember from this film. I don't even have an...

Too much hugging [ 15 Answers ]

My friend is single parent and is raising twin boys who are 11 years old. Both are very active and talkative. One of them laughs and giggles way too much. Every sentence is funny for him. But that is not a concern for me. I am not able to understand why both of them hug and kiss...

Ex spouse hugging and current doesn't like it [ 10 Answers ]

I'm going to marry Marige in about 2 mo. However when her and her Ex meet. (not very often) they hug. She says she would rather not. But to keep peace she does. Either way I strongly Dislike it, and have said so in nice a nice way. (But it continues) it make me feel as if she is putting him before...

Is hugging ex spouse OK? [ 7 Answers ]

This is a second marriage for both my husband and I. We both have to communicate with our ex's regularly, and see them often, too. It usually is quite amicable. My question is... is it appropriate for us to hug our ex's? When it's a birthday, or graduation, or even the worst happens and one of...

View more questions Search