Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sanwei Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2011, 08:00 PM
    Find the numbers of codes which can be formed from digits 1 and 0 if they consists 10
    Find the numbers of codes which can be formed from digits 1 and 0 if they consists 10 digits.
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Apr 15, 2011, 08:30 PM
    First let's pretend you only have 1 digit, not 10. How many possibilities are there in that case? 0 or 1. That's 2 possible combinations.

How about if you have 2 digits? 00, 01, 10, or 11. That 4 possible combinations.

What about 3 digits? 000, 001, 010, 011, 100, 101, 110, 111. That's 8 combinations.

Do you see the pattern?

The number of combinations is 2 to the power of the number of digits. 1 digit gives you = 2 different possible combinations; 2 digits gives you = 4 different possible combinations; 3 digits gives you = 8 different possible combinations. So 10 digits would give you = 1024 different combinations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Given the set of digits{2,3,4,7,8,9} how many three-digit numbers can be formed? [ 5 Answers ]

Given the set of digits{2,3,4,7,8,9} how many three-digit numbers can be formed?

How many 4 digits number formed of only odd digits are divisible by five [ 3 Answers ]

How many 4 digits number formed of only odd digits are divisible by five

How to you recognize prime numbers of more than two digits? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello you guys. I am studying for the GRE... and I had found that I forgot most high school math. I remember that once sometime told me that there was a way to now if a more than two digit number was a prime, but I donīt remember it. I have already researched about it in your post but canīt find an...

View more questions Search