Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    binkyone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2011, 03:57 PM
    Infected (?) cut
    I cut my finger pretty badly a few days ago it really needed stitches but I have no health insurance and can't afford to been seen by a doctor and now I think it has gotten infected. It is alitte red and swollen and I need a good home remedy for this as I do not have money to pay a doctor or hospital bill. Can you help me.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2011, 04:24 PM

I believe it's dangerous to answer your question.

You need to be seen by a Physician before you develop a serious infection which could be circulated throughout your body in your blood.
    binkyone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2011, 04:30 PM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Like I said I do not have the money to see a dr and I have no insurance I get no kind of help from public assistence so what do I do.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2011, 04:31 PM

You go to a free clinic or a Doctor.

Or you try a home remedy and hope infection doesn't kill you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 15, 2011, 04:54 PM

Like I said I do not have the money to see a dr and I have no insurance I get no kind of help from public assistence so what do I do.

Go to the ER. Most of them will treat you, even without insurance. Medicaid will pay costs.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 15, 2011, 06:33 PM

First understand, we are not going to allow dangerous quack cures to be posted.

There are some issues that are too dangerous to your health to worry about insurance and payment, you just have to go.

Think how hard it will be to be off work a couple weeks when you have to get your finger cut off. Or the infection spreads and you lose a arm or even die.

As noted, find a free or cheap clinic, they are all over the place. Go to a ER that takes federal funds, they have to treat you even if you can't afford to pay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the belly piercing necessarily need to look infected to be infected? [ 9 Answers ]

Does it? Mine doesn't hurt and people say it doesn't look infected at all. But I'm scared help

My blower on inside unit will not cut off I cut and crimped wires back together [ 1 Answers ]

Where do I put the blue and red wire to the blower on the inside unit

Can your penis get infected from a cut and what are the symptons [ 4 Answers ]

Ok I was masturbating and I noticed when I was done I had a little cut! I let it heal for a couple of days! I engaged in sex without it 100% percent healed and almost immediately after their were bumps all around it like little pimples! Is this a infection from not letting the wound heal or is it a...

View more questions Search