Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bebemarie18 Posts: 12, Reputation: -1

Apr 15, 2011, 04:48 PM
    My long distant relationship is constantly being test!
    Ugh I hate this! Okay I FREAKIN LOVE MY LDR BOYFRIEND WITH ALL MY HEART. That's MY FUTURE HUSBAND! I just hate when other guys come along and want to date/hook up with me. I tell them I'm taken but they don't care. So its tempting, its like I'm getting tested all the time. Sometimes when ever I go out with friends and hang out with guy friends, it feels like I'm getting dragged away from my LDR boyfriend . My boyfriend tells me "stay strong baby." and I really do try.
    My LDR is my best friend so I tell him everything. I just don't want to hurt anybody. So yes I have trust issues with myself (and also afraid that this relationship might fail) but I must have hope. But my LDR boyfriend says he trust me very much. I guess all of this revolves around the fact that he lives so far away and I can't hold/kiss him as much as I would like too. So I get lonely I need some help. Should I never go out again. Or just... I don't know SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2011, 11:15 PM

How old are the two of you?

Why are you LDR?

And how often do you meet up?
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Apr 16, 2011, 06:52 AM
    If you truly love and want to be with your boyfriend you shouldn't be having this issue. No question about it, LDR's are hell and will never have a chance of working out unless the both of you have a plan and come to an agreement on when the DISTANCE will end.

Apr 16, 2011, 10:45 PM
    Comment on amicon's post
    We are both eighteen and I don't know why we are ldr it just happen.and we haven't met yet sad to say
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 16, 2011, 10:56 PM

No wonder you are tempted all the time. You haven't met this guy? So all this is online then?? How long has this been going on and when will you meet??
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2011, 12:19 AM

And w h o is this guy?

How do you communicate,Skype,

Personally,I wouldn't consider myself to be in a relationship unless I'd met,dated and gotten to know the guy.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2011, 05:58 AM

You know this is your future husband despite the small yet quite incredible fact you've never met him?
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Apr 17, 2011, 08:55 AM
    There is a very big difference between getting to know someone face to face and the on-line persona they portray(despite wonderful things like Skype, etc.) You know far less about this guy than you think you do. Not saying that he is necessarily a bad person but, is he the RIGHT person for you?

That physical presence/interaction between two people is just as important as communication... quoting Tal, " No wonder you are tempted all the time"

I'm curious as well... what was the plan here... were you ever going to meet... hope he doesn't live on another continent. :-/
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2011, 09:15 AM

You haven't met your future husband (strike #1), you are afraid you migh cheat (strike #2), you are concerned enough to ask the question (strike #3).

I think you need to step back. I would NOT put myself in an exclusive relationship with someone I've never met, let alone a long distance relationship!

No wonder people "hit" on you - a LDR with someone you've never met? Hard to believe.

Apr 17, 2011, 09:29 AM
    Damn all you guys are no help. Stop commenting on this topic!
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2011, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bebemarie18 View Post
    Damn all you guys are no help. stop commenting on this topic!

Don't attempt to moderate the Board. Maybe you don't like the answers. No one is here to agree with you. This is not a feel good board.

It's a question and answer board.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Apr 17, 2011, 10:16 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Balancer

Apr 17, 2011, 10:21 AM
    Yes Judykaytee I do understand that! If anyone has a problem when I say stop commenting on this topic, then maybe they have a problem about shutting their mouth. Its very plain and simple! I don't feel like hearing anyone else's opinion about this topic, because you seem to say the same thing. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL OF You OPINIONS. They say if you don't want to hear about a questioned asked on this site. Then fix it to where you don't receive email notifications! Being that I can't delete anything. Well I tried and it isn't working. So until I can find a solution, I'm going to keep complaining (only if some of you get an attitude about it).
    But thank you!
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2011, 10:26 AM

Bebemarie18: "Everyone seems not to understand where im coming from in this situation, maybe im not very clear. Yall not giving me a positive out look on things. all of yall are negative. so for me to enjoy this site. stop commenting on this topic!!"

There's a distinct possibility that no one cares if you enjoy this site. You (?) seemed to realize that when you posed the question.

Stop posting - you'll stop receiving notifications and the thread will die. That's how it works.

Apr 17, 2011, 10:31 AM
    Comment deleted by editor as inappropriate,
    Expert

Apr 17, 2011, 10:32 AM

Sorry we can't give you answers that you like, and may I respectfully submit, that you are having issues with what this relationship means, because for one thing, know one you know. Has seen you with this guy, or even knows this guy, so whether you like it or not, guys see you as available, and attractive, and why not go for it.

Also, admit that you love the attention, or you wouldn't be tempted in the first place, and that is normal for us humans that love interacting with other humans, whether one on one, or in a group.

But finally young lady, admit it to YOURSELF, you just want to enjoy yourself, doing things with others, and feeling great about your life. Again, this is what most of us normal(?), healthy(?), fun loving humans want from our life on this planet. You are no different than any of us, and we all have a problem with LDR's, and the extreme challenges they present to us.

One of the facts that I assume is you have made no concrete plans to meet, just holding onto a hope, because that's all you have, and its easy enough to hold onto something that requires nothing but words between you for now. Wait until you talk about actually doing it is when this LDR will be tested.

You are not being tested yet, but you will in the future, when you get tired of talking, and hoping, and want actions to match words, from him, and YOURSELF.

Now all this can be avoided, if you want it, by simply be pals and on line buddies, but with separate lives and no silly rules about being faithful until you meet face to face and see what you actually have gotten into, or about to get into.

Heck, sitting from the outside as we are looking at the facts you have written for us to help you with all we know is you are both 18. That's it! You have never shared other facts that are important, like

How long you have been into each other?

Future plans to meet?

Future plans for your lives?

I mean with out those basic facts and more, from the outside looking in, it's a fantasy by young people who are caught up in intense feelings, but little else. Reality and time will cure you both though, as it always does us humans when we have to deal with more than the things we want, and are faced with what we have to do.

But sorry we can't be more helpful but you seem to have answered your own question here,

I guess all of this revolves around the fact that he lives so far away and i can't hold/kiss him as much as i would like too. So i get lonely I need some help. Should I never go out again.
    or just... I don't know SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!
    If you don't want to see, hear, or consider any other point of view, then you will never get help. My suggestions, is you negotiate a change in the rules between you so you can have some fun, and not find it so hard and tempting to enjoy yourself.

Like, lets just enjoy being good friends until we meet. Then you don't have to make promises that you can't keep because they make you miserable.

Or you can just stop responding to him, like you can stop responding to this thread. See, you have many choices, and options, so make one that makes YOU happy!!

Apr 17, 2011, 10:33 AM
    DELETED by editor, and closed because of troll like posting and juvenile inappropriate behavior.

Apr 17, 2011, 10:35 AM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    Thank you! I had an attitude for a moment!
    Expert

Apr 17, 2011, 10:45 AM

Well your attitude, and inappropriate behavior got this thread closed, and that was my choice, and option.

But fair warning, you better look to your own behavior as you are the one putting yourself in the position to have problems you cannot solve with the attitude you have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New relationship, pregnancy, girlfriend being distant [ 20 Answers ]

Hello all, OK, so I met this girl 2 months ago and immediately we clicked big time. I tried to not get attatched, as I just got out of a long relationship in December and really did not want to get into a relationship, but things just felt really good with her and everything happened so fast...

Distant relationship!is it really healthy [ 5 Answers ]

I am in a fix,I have this one gurlfriend,she's presently I africa wiv me from the U.S,we've being dating for a couple of months now,she's done with her work experience and she's about to go back,I'm really confused for she wants us to keep the relationship,to be honest I don't see myself coming...

Long distance relationship is a little too distant [ 10 Answers ]

I've just moved 5 hrs away from my boyfriend of 4 months and there's already problems. But he doesn't see it. Me still getting used to the new area away from family and friends would like to talk to her boyfriend you know for comfort, moral support, to see how he's doing, cause well I miss...

Long distant relationships [ 2 Answers ]

I'm just asking... what do u think of long distant relationships?

Long Distant Relationship/ Should I give up? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 2 yrs. Now and he's been having trouble finding a job. We had an offer that we couldn't refuse a good paying job (finally) and the catch is relocating. It was his families business and we agreed that a year of sacrifice will be good in the long run...

View more questions Search