Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2011, 07:01 AM
    Just getting it off my chest.
    On 3/30 my friend died unexpectedly of a heart attack.

On 4/7 my cousin was taken to the hospital - his wife thought it was a stroke but it ended up being a massive brain bleed. They had to remove the top of his head to clear it out.

He is now in hospice. He will leave this planet any day now.

Yesterday a good friend of ours was to go in for a removal of a massive malignant tumor on her breast... but while she was getting ready, her husband was acting strange (did not recognize her, was stumbling around, etc), so they took him to the hospital, and they found a big tumor on his brain that had "legs" wrapped around his brain and going into his spinal cord.

He is not expected to come out of the state of delirium that he is in.

Please keep these people in your thoughts and prayers.

In these past few weeks I've been reminded that "anything can happen"...

It reminds me that I need to be more loving and friendly to those around me - especially my family and close friends.

Why did I post this? Because it makes me feel better to put it all into words. And if it helps any of you to be reminded about how quickly something can happen to us, a family member or other loved one, then that will be better yet.

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading it.

I and my wife will be at our place of worship today to pray for Peace and Blessings to/for:

a) my friend Ken Golonka, his family and friends,
    b) my cousin Bob Ryan, his family and friends,
    c) my friend, her husband, family and friends, and
    d) AMHD members, their family and friends.

Sincerely.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 15, 2011, 07:07 AM

Rick,

You, your family and friends will be in my prayers through these times of trouble. Words cannot express how sorry I am that you all have to go through this. It reminds us that life is short and there are no promises that any of us will be promised another tomorrow.

I'll stop at church on the way to work tonight and light a few candles in prayer for you and yours.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2011, 07:14 AM

Rick ,your faith is your strength . Stay strong bro.
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2011, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by j_9
    You, your family and friends will be in my prayers through these times of trouble. Words cannot express how sorry I am that you all have to go through this. It reminds us that life is short and there are no promises that any of us will be promised another tomorrow.

I'll stop at church on the way to work tonight and light a few candles in prayer for you and yours.
    I and many others are sincerely thankful, Janine.
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2011, 07:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Rick ,your faith is your strength . Stay strong bro.
    Yep. Thank you, Tom. You are right.

I will.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2011, 08:45 AM

I'm sorry Rick, I've been on that roller coaster for years now so I can sympathize. As tom said, stay strong.
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2011, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I'm sorry Rick, I've been on that roller coaster for years now so I can sympathize. As tom said, stay strong.
    Thank you, speechless.

Onwards and Upwards is my motto.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 16, 2011, 07:15 AM

I hope that you and yours find peace Rick.

Stringer
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2011, 08:30 AM

Thank you, Stringer.

Peace is with us. My cousin, who was in hospice, died yesterday. He is no longer laying there as a veggie - and our family is no longer seeing him in misery.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 21, 2011, 11:31 AM

God bless.

Stringer
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2011, 05:01 AM

Yes, He does Bless.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 22, 2011, 05:19 AM

Prayers to you and your family Rick. It's hard when this happens around the holidays.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can be done for chest pain feels like my heart going to break threw my chest [ 2 Answers ]

I was sleeping I woke up to take some pain pills for my back. Two hours later I woke back up and it feels like my chest going to explode

Chest hair, too much! [ 8 Answers ]

How do I remove the hair from chest, lower belly, pubic parts and legs? I would not prefer shaving, but anything like cream or any method, that would leave my skin at least hairless?

Conjestion in the chest [ 12 Answers ]

I went to the dr. today because I have been having chest pain - I have some sinus drainage too. She gave me a shot of rocephin and Xyzal. I have just never heard of chest pain like this with conjestion. It hurts between my boobs and its not severe just irriatating. Please help. And Thanks

Spots on my chest [ 2 Answers ]

On my chest area - just above my boobs, some little red spots that stick up above the skin surface have appeared. I thought it was a rash at first, but it is actually about ten individual spots that look really unattractive whenever I wear a slightly low cut top. Does anyone now what they are...

About the chest [ 2 Answers ]

Is is true that when you lose weight you alos lose weight in your chest?? That is what I am trying to do... for most of the part I am trying to lose weight for me and then my chest.:confused:

View more questions Search