Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tabithacopley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2011, 05:03 AM
    7 months pregnant and in a very unhappy relationship and don't know what to do...
    I have been with my boyfriend for two years now, and I am 7 months pregnant. I am constantly asking myself if I want to be with him or not. He is such a jealous person and I am really starting to feel depressed being at home 24/7 while he is at work all day, and he drives my car, so I'm stuck. When he does get home and if I want to go hang out with a friend or something he gives me straight attitude, so I end up just staying home. He is going to be a great father, but I do not know what to do about us. It's getting to the point where I can't stand to even look at him anymore. He's got to have me by his side all the time. Can someone please give me some advice?
    brianna_s Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 15, 2011, 06:28 AM
    Man are designed to want to feel respected that is not a bad thing at all. Instead of wanting to go places when he gets home want to be with him and you will find that in return he will respect you. Do things for him. Make him feel special and wanted. And in return you will feel loved by him. A relationship is a two way street.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2011, 07:53 AM

The jealousy and the not allowing you to go out are huge red flags.

How do you know that he will be a great father?

Have you got family and friends to talk to?
    bebemarie18 Posts: 12, Reputation: -1

Apr 15, 2011, 05:07 PM
    Sit down and actually talk to him about it. If he doesn't understand you, you have to make him understand because you don't want to give up on your baby daddy. I'm sure you love him so actually sit him down, tell him how you feel. Things should get better
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2011, 06:02 PM

I'm not totally sure I agree with all of the previous comments. Yes, relationships are two way streets. But just wanting to be with him won't magically fix everything. And you can't always make people understand anything. I do agree that the jealousy and not letting you go out are red flags. Why does he drive your car? Why doesn't he have his own? Can't he find a co-worker to carpool with? Or can't you drive him? Or can't he use public transportation? What will you do when the baby comes if he's not there and you need to take the baby to the doctors or go pick up diapers or something?

Talking with him is definitely a good idea-communication is important in any kind of relationship. But learning to communicate well can be a challenge. And jealousy can be hard to overcome. You may need more than just to talk to him. Like couples counseling if the two of you want to work things out.

Whatever you decide, you need to do so now before the baby is born. Because adding a newborn to the mix is NOT going to fix anything. If your relationship is already strained it will only add to the tension and that's not a healthy environment for you or the baby.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 16, 2011, 07:32 AM

No matter what happiness, is your responsibility, and the bigger priority is you having a healthy baby. If he cannot provide the love, and support you need during this important time in your life, then you have to have family, and friends around you that do.

Maybe he doesn't have a clue as to what you need, so tell him, and be specific, as most guys even after a few kids, are not that keen on mind reading, or experienced enough to know what he SHOULD be doing, but whatever the case, you make sure somebody is there to meet your emotional needs, as I imagine you need a lot right now.

Tell him what you need, and lean on your family. The relationship can be worked on when it's a better time to make THAT the priority.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2011, 01:25 PM
    @ brianna_s: it is true that man may feel that, considering that I am a man and I do feel that way. But I disagree that a female has to bow down To her man. My girlfriend gives me the respect I deserve by being loyal and yes, she helps me out with things around the house, but if she wants to go out by all means she can do so, I would probably go out as well.

If you don't like the way your guy is treating you then leave him. I am sure you can find a guy who doesn't have trust issues as bad as this one. Also, remember that even if he is your baby's father, it doesn't mean that you have to be with him.

Good luck,
    Javi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dating 3 months, 8 weeks pregnant, relationship struggling, what do I do? [ 5 Answers ]

Ive been dating a guy 3 months and we are 8 weeks pregnant, I already have a daughter who is 3 to a guy I never had a relationship with and we have had a great time on our own for 3 years, Im struggling to adjust to having someone else around, we are fighting a lot because we have no money, Im...

I'm currently pregnant and very unhappy in my relationship [ 5 Answers ]

Well this is kind of a long story, but I've been with my boyfriend for about two years now and I'm am very depressed. In 2008 I became pregnant with our son, during the whole nine months he treated me very bad causing me to have stress, which made my eclampsia(high blood pressure) become very...

I'm pregnant and unhappy in my relationship! [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my partner have been together for nearly 2 years now, but about 5 months ago I was questioning if this was right for me? Then I took a pregancy test, I am now 4 months pregnant. Now I just feel stuck, I'm trying to make things work because I don't want to bring up this child by myself and...

Relationship between a very unhappy couple [ 3 Answers ]

A couple I know are having trouble with relatioships. The woman gets mad very fast and angry at really little things. Just over a little problem she will just make it into a big problem out of it. So then after that both of them won't talk to each other for 1 week or even two weeks. So can you...

View more questions Search