Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    massaf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2011, 01:55 AM
    Social security allien leave usa?
    I paid social security for 15 years and left the USA, when will be able to collect it or can I collevt in lum sum amount.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 28, 2011, 03:32 PM
    You will NOT be able to collect in a lump sum.

However, if you paid into the systems for OVER ten years, then you will qualify for benefits when you turn 62 years of age.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social Security Tax / Medicare Tax refund when I left usa [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir or Madam, I came to US as a research scholar (J1 visa). I've worked under J1 status from 04/2006 to 04/2010, and paid Social Security and Medicare fee for 2 years. However, I am leaving US soon, and no longer work and retire in US. So my questions will be: 1. Am I eligible to claim...

Social Security Number for SPOUSE and CHILD : USA [ 2 Answers ]

I moved to USA on Dec 17, 2007 along with my family. I am on L1 and dependents are on L2 visa. SSN administration denied to provide SSN to my spouse and kid since spouse is non-working. My question is how would I claim for tax benefits while filing the TAX returns, because On-line...

Social Security Refund from USA [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I lived in USA for 10 years paying Social Security. Does anyone know if you can get a refund, if you are not going there to live again? And where do I apply for it? Thanks for any help. :)

Social Security TAx claim for non-resident individuals in USA [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I worked in USA for a couple of years on L1b visa. Recently I came to know that there is a benefit of claiming the Social Security Tax I paid to the US Govt as I left USA and residing in India. I request somebody can provide me the exact details like how can I claim for the same if...

Social Security Refund when leaving USA [ 1 Answers ]

I worked in the US. For 3 years under H1-B visa and I returned to my home country in 2005. Long time ago, I heard that in this case, social security tax and medicare tax can be refunded. Is that true? How can I claim for the refund? And is there anything else I can claim for in this case? Thank you.

View more questions Search