Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kb24mvp Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2011, 07:04 PM
    A woman's perspective
    I'd like some female company in my life, however I am usually reserved and don't talk much.
    In social settings, I keep to myself mainly because I feel invisible so I don't bother.
    I'd like to know: do women view this type of behavior as weird/arrogant/etc?

There is a CUTE Chinese young lady who works in my building but on a different floor.
    We talk for a few minutes when I pass through and she always has this smile and look
    But being the IDIOT that I am in these matters, I don't know if she likes me (on the smallest of levels)
    Or I am just good conversation for her to break up the workday.

Any and all thoughts, suggestions, are welcome.
    Leidenschaftlich für Wahr Posts: 243, Reputation: 46

Apr 14, 2011, 08:07 PM
    It really depends on the presence of the guy. I think that most people usually do judge a book by its cover, so - if the guy is well groomed, good looking, w/e, then there's nothing wrong with reservation. The best thing to do is always smile. That breaks the ice. And, if you didn't realize from the prior script - make sure you're well-groomed. I must say, however, that if you are spoken to, and THEN you are still relatively unresponsive, that can def. come across as arrogant...
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Apr 14, 2011, 10:07 PM

Whether she likes you or not is irrelevant. Either way, absolutely NOTHING is going to happen with her unless you make the first move. Man up.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2011, 02:47 AM

Ask her -she can either say yes,or no;that way you'll know rather than keep yourself guessing.
    sam_Legend Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 15, 2011, 08:34 AM
    My opinion... Girls found that interesting may be because it's weird.
    Anyway you don't have to be open unless you find a girl who deserve it (I mean you like her and she likes you), then you can open your heart safely... because if you decided to change your way you'll be hurt because your value (I thought so) differ than other way of living (I mean to be open).
    Act as yourself, As it should be nothing else.
    Regards.
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2011, 08:40 AM

I'd probably think you were shy,but if you're going to sit quietly in a corner,the risk is that I wouldn't notice you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 16, 2011, 03:38 PM

Why waste time wondering about what's on someone's mind? Ask her something about herself, and at least find out if she is friendly, flirtatious, married, single, gay, rich, poor, or a halfway trans gender, retired, serial killer, who is looking for her next victim.

Half the fun in life is finding out things you don't know, and making contact with your fellow human. You are the reserved, shy type, but at least you can pay attention, and have interesting reactions, at least do your part in the human interaction thing.

I mean who invests time, and effort into a blank wall that gives nothing back at all.

Bottom line, just do your part in any exchange, because how hard is a smile, or hello from a shy guy? Then it doesn't matter what you don't know, just know how to find out. Heck, half the people you meet don't take much prodding to open up, you just have to let them in a little.

Apr 19, 2011, 08:06 AM
    Comment on Scleros's post
    OK, I get you. I'm lost, however, as to what to say

Apr 19, 2011, 08:09 AM
    Comment on amicon's post
    Understood

Apr 19, 2011, 08:33 AM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    Ok :) I'm going to make the effort
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2011, 08:36 AM

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The trails of growing 'older': From a woman's perspective :) :) [ 5 Answers ]

LOVE this!!! Have a great Laugh!! :) Observations on Growing Older ~Your kids are becoming you... and you don't like them ... but your grandchildren are perfect! ~Going out is good. Coming home is better! ~When people say you look "Great"... They add "for your age!"

Friendship with ex's-woman's perspective [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I dated a woman for about a year and a half and we broke up but remind friends. This was back in 2005. I am in a new relationship now and wondering if that will cause issues and how I can reassure the one I am with that I am only friends with my ex. Its not a problem now but just don't want...

Need Woman's Perspective on Bottoming Out [ 2 Answers ]

I am happily married for 15 years and my wife and I have great sex. My penis is longer than average but not enormous. Occasionally during sex, I bottom out (for lack of a better term). While we are going slow this seems to give her great pleasure, but if we are going fast this causes some degree...

Need a new perspective... [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, I'm laying it all on the line in hopes that those of you familiar w/ this type of situation are willing to help me out... this may be long, bear w it! All throughout my five years spent in college I dated the same girl, the one I had been with since our senior year of high school. In that...

View more questions Search