Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yangx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 02:35 AM
    No signal on monitor, Please Help.
    Hi,

I bought a wireless adapter card and installed it into a PCI slot in my computer. When I turned on the computer there is no signal to the monitor. I turned off the computer and took out the wireless adapter card from the PCI slot and turned back on the computer and I have signal to the monitor again. Can anyone help or explain what the problem could be.

Thanks,

yangx
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 24, 2007, 07:33 AM
    Its possible that the card is interfering with your Video adapter. Do you have another PCI slot for it?
    yangx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    its possible that the card is interfering with your Video adapter. Do you have another PCI slot for it?
    No, I don't have an extra slot but I swapped it with another PCI slot and it still has no signal to the monitor. As soon as I turn off the computer and take the card out, everything is fine again.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 25, 2007, 06:38 AM
    That's odd, obviously something about that card is interfering. You can try a card from a different mfg or try a USB adapter. What brand is the card? Did you try calling their tech support?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No monitor signal [ 5 Answers ]

Hi people! Once again this common and complex problem. Clues: ~something smells burnt in the tower! But nothing extreme like melt parts etc! ~don't remember what I was doing before on the computer, or if it was working. I woke up and found it like this! ~monitor says no signal, monitor is...

No signal to monitor [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I’m not completely lost when it comes to computers, so a friend of mine asked me to fix his computer and I’m completely stumped. He tried to change his keyboard and when he plugged in the new one there was no longer any signal going from the tower to the screen. I replugged the original key...

No signal to monitor [ 3 Answers ]

Haven't used PC for some time. Switched on, however PC monitor shows 'no signal' error message. Tried rebooting, same result. Trying to isolate the problem, I tried connecting up a SUN monitor (suitable for PC) and get error message 'in power save mode. Activate using PC'. At this point, I...

No signal to monitor [ 1 Answers ]

HI, My computer decided to reboot its self last night and when it came back up there was no signal to the monitor. OK - lets check the monitor. I plugged it in to the laptop and all worked well indicating a healthy monitor and lead. Must be the graphics card. Bought a new one - same problem. No...

Monitor - No signal [ 53 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm trying to build my own computer without my husband's help so I can learn stuff along the way. My first obstacle is that the monitor has no signal. The computer I am upgrading is my brother's old one and I played cards on it just last week before he gave it to me. When I brought it home...

View more questions Search