Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reinajolynn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 01:30 AM
    I want to adopt my grandchild
    My granddaughter has lived with us since she was born 12 years ago. Her mother, has asked that we adopt her. How hard will this be to do? My daughter has sole legal custody of our grand daughter and the father has not seen her for four years.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 24, 2007, 07:40 AM
    You will need to try and get the bio father to relinquish his rights as well as the mother. Without that, you may not be granted formal adoption. Is there a reason you need to formalize the adoption?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard to handle 4 year old grandchild [ 5 Answers ]

Need a creative way to get a 4 year old child to listen. He won't respond to the word no. Standing him in the corner don't work, spanking don't work. He is also this way at his home. Need something else to get him to mind.

Husband to adopt [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I aren't married yet, in August we are getting married, I have a son, he has a son and we are having a baby in June. We are concerned that my son will be confused that everyone has the same last name but him. Granted, his father has only seen him maybe 5 times in two years, I have...

My grandchild abuse [ 6 Answers ]

My grandchild will be two very soon my daughter a single mom has a drinking problem and anger issues.tell me what you think I have been helping her take care of him . Pick him up one Sunday about a month ago and the baby sitter said he fell out of the highchair call her right away she was out...

Looking to adopt... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, Interested in finding information regarding domestic and international adoptions in Massachusetts. Do anyone have any recommendations on where to start? Thanks, Remodel

Losing a grandchild preterm [ 1 Answers ]

I have just lost my grandson of 21 weeks gestation.I would value any advice on how to help my daughter.I can't think of anything to say that would make a diffference.She is just desolate,and so hurt.

View more questions Search