Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackcutter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2011, 10:28 AM
    Setting a toilet on concrete floor?
    I have cut the 3" drain pipe at the concrete floor level but the flange will not go all the way down to the floor. It rests about 1/4 inch off so when I mount the toilet on the flange, the toilet won't rest on the floor, it too is about 1/4inch high. Nothing has been glued or set permanently yet.
    Do I need a different type of flange, do I have to somehow cut out more drain and concrete to get the flange lower (a very hard job) or do I put some type of supports around the bottom of the toilet bowl for it to rest on and be stable.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 14, 2011, 12:14 PM

What type of 3" pipe are you using and which flange. They are not all the same.
    lilpoppa Posts: 118, Reputation: 13

Apr 14, 2011, 07:27 PM
    It sounds like when the plumbing was roughed in it was intended for the floor to be tiled before instalation of a toilet, I would recommend that you tile at minimum the area directly under the toilet before permantly installing the toilet.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 15, 2011, 01:06 AM

Buy a flange that has no stop. That way, you can push it all the way down. Also, have piece of wood and mallet ready. After you insert flange on pipe, put wood over the flange and gently top it with mallet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet leaks from the floor. I have a septic tank and concrete slab floor. [ 1 Answers ]

My bathroom floods copiously when ever it rains. Water comes in from where the toilet joins the concrete slab floor. We removed the toilet and there is the hole connecting the toilet to the pipe for the septic tank and very wet mud around it. Water seems to just be trapped under the house as it...

How secure a toilet to a concrete floor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a toilet that sits an a concrete floor. When the builders refurbished, they put down laminate, and glued the toilet to this. So there are no bolts in the concrete. How can I secure the toilet to the floor? Can I simply drill down and attach with screws?

Toilet soil pipe is 1/2 in below fin. Tile floor how do I built concrete floor up [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 problems,just had my bathroom floor tiled on top of concrete floor and was going to use a outside 4 in outside flange on a 4in soil pipe. I can fit over soilpipe now but tile under flange bolt down holes have no concrete under them,plus top of soil pipe is 1/2 inch below top of tile ,tile...

Setting jacuzzi tub on concrete floor [ 5 Answers ]

I have a new home with roughed in plumbing in the basement for a bathroom. I have purchased a fiberglass jacuzzi style tub. Besides framing, the manufacturer recommends some type of base to set the tub on, on top of the concrete floor, but is very nonspecific about what this material should be. The...

Setting toilet on concrete floor [ 1 Answers ]

Our new house in the country is built on a slope, with the septic tank downhill from the house. The plumbers installed all necessary supply and drains for a basement bathroom. I will not need an up flushing toilet, but am not sure how to mount the toilet. All I have is a 4" pipe sticking out of...

View more questions Search