Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandylea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2011, 06:42 AM
    Is it necessary to get a medical clearance to leave Accra, Ghana to fly to London?
    I have been corresponding with a man who claims he was sent to Ghana to finish a contract for work. He has been there for approximately 4 months. He now states he is required to get a medical clearance to leave. He states it's not the airlines that is the problem, that the airport is requiring this clearance prior to leaving the country.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 14, 2011, 06:44 AM
    Nope.
    Run away NOW as this is a complete SCAM and they are only interested in your money!!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2011, 06:50 AM

Hello s:

It MAY require a physical exam... How much is he asking you to fork out for it?

By the way... I KNOW you love this man... But, really... Have you EVER HEARD of an AIRPORT requiring a physical exam before you can use it?? I can understand requiring a physical exam BEFORE you arrived in a country... But LEAVING ONE??

excon
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Apr 20, 2011, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello s:

It MAY require a physical exam... How much is he asking you to fork out for it??

By the way... I KNOW you love this man... But, really.... Have you EVER HEARD of an AIRPORT requiring a physical exam before you can use it??? I can understand requiring a physical exam BEFORE you arrived in a country... But LEAVING ONE????

excon
    True, this is not a standard requirement. Asking a foreign national to get a local medical clearance to leave? not a valid requirement.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 20, 2011, 07:31 PM

No it is not a requirement, since he is not a native of Ghana, he merely needs to go to his countries embassy there to receive any and all the help he needs to leave the country.

Ghana is the biggest area for dating scams, they ask for 1000's for passports, medical tests, airline tickets and more. Then normally they loose something or get robbed and need more money to fix those issues

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I locate a person in Accra, Ghana? [ 3 Answers ]

His name is Kelvin Parkerson and he is age 50. Supposedly lives on Ngawie St in Accra north, Ghana. Does anyone have any info on thie person?

Women in accra ghana [ 6 Answers ]

Hi my name is Ray... I live in philadelphia pa, I have met a women on line and she is from accra ghana, No don't get me wrong... I know all about the scams from that part of west africa!! I know all about when they ask for money!! But I need some real advice!! And maybe some one can help!! She...

Selina yeboah accra ghana [ 2 Answers ]

Address of Selina Yeboah Accra Ghana

Marie conteh in accra ghana [ 0 Answers ]

I am searching for my sister who leave the gambia around the 80s, by that time she was between 10 to 12yrs. Her was marie conteh when left the gambia, we did not hear nothing from her since she left, our father died for 4 years ago. She did not call or wrote a letter to us. She is allways in our...

Visit accra ghana [ 1 Answers ]

I am palestinian have passport from palestine I want visit ghana but no empassy in my country so can some one do visa for me and stamp the visa in airport accra

View more questions Search