Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarahadamtami Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2011, 09:06 PM
    "potty" at 2am
    We have had our dog for over 3 years now. She is a mix of a Pomeranian and Chihuahua. She has always been so good at night, never eats or drinks really late and we always let her outside before we go to bed. But, lately she has been wanting to get up every night at about 2am! I get up and bring her to the door, and she either just wants a little drink of water or just sniffs around outside... never really has to go potty, maybe once in awhile.
    We have tried tough love, telling her "no" sternly, But, she will just continue to whine all night long. We haven't tried to crate her.. we adopted her when she was about 1.5 years so somewhat set in her ways, and we lived in an apartment at the time and she would just bark and bark... (the neighbors complained!) so we had to stop. Any suggestions would help! Thanks!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 14, 2011, 07:41 AM

I would crate her and cover the top of the crate and two sides with a towel or blanket to create a "cave" affect.
    mreiman Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

May 10, 2011, 07:45 AM
    I would do what ballengerb1 said
    web1894 Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

May 8, 2012, 07:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    I would crate her and cover the top of the crate and two sides with a towel or blanket to create a "cave" affect.
    Very good advice! That's what I did with my Puppy that I am crate training. I have her crate at the end of the bed (so she can't see us) and I cover the back and sides with big throw blankets (leaving the front open). I also have a crate that is a little bigger than what she needs so she does have room to move around (and grow into since she is young). Since I made the "cave like crate" for her she has been very willing to go inside I don't have to force her anymore. Dogs are den animals so crating in the same room makes them feel more like they are in a "pack".. This helped with me I hope it works for you as well! Best of luck! :)
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 8, 2012, 07:29 PM
    And I like your thinking about arrranging the crate so the dog can't see you.
    web1894 Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

May 8, 2012, 07:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    and I like your thinking about arrranging the crate so the dog can't see you.
    Thank You :) It has helped tremendously with us! She used to cry and bark but now she will go in by herself when we leave or go to bed. It's really amazing how much of a difference it makes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dad can feel a spirit after its 2am. It tries to say something.can it do any harm? [ 2 Answers ]

My dad said that he can feel someone walking around him and trying to wisper him something. That time, his mobile stops working(outgoing completely stops). The phenomenon is mostly after 2am in the morning.. That thing even follows him, as he even experienced it when he went for a tour. The thing...

My 2yr old goes to bed OK but always wakes at 2am n ends up in our bed. Help? [ 7 Answers ]

My 2 year old daughter has no problems going to bed, we have done the same routine since she was a new born, but every night between 2am and 4am she wakes up and will not go back to sleep and will paddy for hours until we finally give in and she sleeps with us, she is also very clingy to mummy.

I stopped drinking at 2am tuesand was given a urines test weds around 1130. [ 4 Answers ]

I stopped drinking at 2 am . Had about 6 beers.I got a urine drug test from probation around 11:30 am.Would the test come back positive?

Saturday 2am text [ 9 Answers ]

So you and I broke up last week and its over... I tried and we have both been on either end of the "i'm breaking up with you" side... You text me at 2am on a Saturday night to tell me you have 2 of my shirts and want to know if I want them. If so you will mail them to me. You say fine ill...

View more questions Search