Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dharmapaalini Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2011, 10:50 AM
    Motion to set aside name change in Oklahoma?
    I changed my name for personal reasons four years ago. The judge told me if I changed my mind down the road to file a motion to vacate. How do I do this? The only form I find is for convicted felons.
    surround Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2012, 04:14 PM
    Dear, were you successful in setting it aside? I am in similar problem now.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 16, 2012, 04:59 PM
    Not all motions have off-the-shelf forms available. Sometimes, as in OP's case, or in surround's case now, one simply has to draft the motion. Simply recite what occurred in court before (in case the judge doesn't remember and doesn't want to dig through the file to find out), explain that you've changed your mind, and that you want to vacate the name-change order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to file a motion to set aside judgement/ca. [ 3 Answers ]

I am being evicted and did not receive the court hearing date and therefore did not show. I need to know how to file a motion to set aside judgement in a California court? Can you please help?

Motion to vacate or set aside [ 1 Answers ]

I am in California. An order was filed stating the petitioner gets children as a tax exemption. The clerks' notes from the original hearing date and two subsequent letters from the Respondent's attorney also show the Petitioner gets the tax exemptions. However, the court transcript is silent as...

File A Motion Page set up [ 3 Answers ]

When Filing a Notice of Motion and Motion for Order Setting Aside Default Judgment, 1. Do I have to put 2 place holes in the papers, which papers. 2. On the evidence I used exhibits do I need pages with alphabetical tabs that stick out for Exhibit "A" , Exhibit "B", I have cover sheets that say...

Motion to set aside default, motion to set aside final judgment and motion to set ano [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'M in Florida Jacksonville, I have a small problem, I read the time wrong to appear for my small claims court trial and arrived at 11:15am but is was scheduled at 11am 9/3/09. I tried to explain but did not get anywhere, so I went downstairs to the courthouse and filed a motion to set...

Motion of rehearing or motion to set aside a veredict [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody Im from Buenos Aires Argentina but Ive a game in Miami Court, therfore I would like to know after a final Judgement could I make a Motion of rehearing in order to set aside the veredict? How can I do it can someone help me just because I may need to find jurisprudence of old cases....

View more questions Search