Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Apr 13, 2011, 05:16 AM
    Droid w/ Active Synce keeps locking workstation account!
    All of our producers have either Blackberry's, Droid X's, Incredibles and one producer has the original Droid. All phones are set for active synce to synce their outlook mail, calendar and tasks. The producer with the original droid is having an issue where the phone keeps locking his profile in AD.

When you think about, if the phone has 3 unsuccessful logins to the exchange server it will lock the account. However, we have checked the password, reset the password, reset the active synce config settings, etc... the password shows as being correct and mail is syncing but the account is still continuously being locked.

I unlock it and 2 minutes later it is locked again! Maybe this isn't an active sync issue but I am unsure of what else it could be!

Any help would be appreciated!
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Apr 14, 2011, 12:53 PM

Had a similar problem with my Android phone a few months ago I reinitialized the phone then changed my AD password before I setup email, contacts and calendar on the phone. My password on the phone was right to start with (Active Synch failed after it had been working) and I had not changed the password nor had it expired. I am not sure why this fixed the problem, but it did. I have had other smaller AD problems get better after a pasword reset. I am not a MS server person, do a lot of Linux servers but one employer is a AD user
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Apr 18, 2011, 08:24 PM

I apologize for the delay in response, I had two consecutive military training weeks so I am just now back to the civilian world...

Tomorrow, we plan on doing a master reset of the phone and resetting up Touchdown (mail client) and hoping that helps. I will let you know!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Droid [ 3 Answers ]

Why will my droid incredible not receive phone calls at times? Just goes strait to voice mail.

I am not able to browse /workstation/ [ 4 Answers ]

I am not able to browse work a work stations while at the same time remaining workgroups are being browse easly the error showing \\workgroup is not accessible; you might not have permission to access network resources. Netlogon failure; But when I am try to start netlogon services it is not...

Building a Workstation [ 2 Answers ]

I want to put together a workstation but haven't built a computer in years and have no idea what any of the new processors are geared toward. I will mainly be using 3d CAD software (solidworks) which uses OpenGL rendering. Should I go with Xeon, Pentium D, Athlon, Core Duo, etc. Is there any...

Locking The Workstation [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I read that I can lock my workstation on my Windows XP computer by hitting the windows key + L but I have never done it for fear that I won't be able to unlock it. The times I have read about this only tells how to lock the workstation and nothing about how to unlock it. My husband says you...

View more questions Search