Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    henkj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 09:03 PM
    Laminate
    What do you recommend to use as a underlay for laminate in my home, on plywood floor to stop the echoing sound .
    sledgehammer Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Jan 28, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by henkj
    what do you recommend to use as a underlay for laminate in my home, on plywood floor to stop the echoing sound .
    On older homes with original hardwood floors I used to find tarpaper (roofing Paper)
    Between the hardwood and the sub-floor.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Jan 28, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Use what the laminate floor manufacture recommends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate flooring [ 1 Answers ]

I have several sections of laminate flooring that have been chipped.Is there a way to replace just the damaged pieces?:confused:

Laminate installation [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My neighbor has glued a large piece of laminate to a freestanding counter. There is about a foot of excess material left on each side. What is the best method of trimming the excess material close enough to the counter so that a router can be used to finish the project? Thank you

Laminate flooring [ 5 Answers ]

I am considering installing laminate flooring in my house. My doubt is that we have two dogs and a cat. One of which has accidents. Is laminate flooring better in the long run than carpet, as far as the care and life?

Cutting Laminate [ 2 Answers ]

Building a bar in my kitchen and decided to buy laminate and cover with the same color as my countertops.Now I've read that cut laminate slightly bigger then area to cover and router after glue is all set up.I read to that if you place tape where your going to cut.It can be cut with a circular saw...

Laminate floor [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a pergo product over a vinyl kitchen floor, do I need to remove the vinyl to the wood sub-floor? Or can I install right on to the vinyl? Also do I have to use an underlayment since the kitchen is over the basement, no sound or moisture issues? I have been advised by both ways on this...

View more questions Search