Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klight317 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2011, 06:04 PM
    My girlfriend left to study abroad for 6 months. Met somebody and is with him.
    Well if I can sum up a long story quick, so its not to lengthy, here goes. 3 years ago, My girlfriend and I were together for would be now 3 years (if we still were), knew each other for longer. She was 17 and I was 25. Age difference yes, but she was head over heels for me and I fell for her. The relationship in my eyes was great. In every way. She put so much effort into it and so did I. I did everything right, sent her flowers at work randomly all the time, expensive gifts etc. I love her still, she is now 20 I'm 28, she left to study abroad in Wales UK Just this February. Before she left I gave her 3 grand for spending money and an early valentines day gift. She cried, long tight hug, and an "I love you so so much". Well fast forward... comunication slowed down after a week on her side. I knew something was wrong. She cheated on me with a this guy that I found out through a photo on Facebook. She denied liking him until I talked to him and then she admitted it, She's lied on top of lies about things, she tells him one story and me another... she constantly tells me that she still loves me. But now its April and she's with him in a relationship. I talked to him again, he told me they made plans to make the relationship work (long story on how that will happen being he lives in the UK) confusing to me to. He told me that he was coming to New York to work at a camp in long island where her does every year apparently. This summer to be with her then leave in September to go home. He also mentioned she told him she still feels for me.. "but not like that". I call her (by the way its been all me contacting her by phone) I asked for the 3 grand back which she did send me a check for. I asked her if what her current boyfriend said about not feeling for me in that way anymore were true... she said that it wasn't true, that he doesn't undersand that she still loves me... she said she isn't sure where the relationship with him will go in June when he comes here or when he leaves to go back to UK in September. She says she doesn't see a future with him, but does with me, even though my family and friends hate her for what she's done because they all loved her to death and including me NEVER SEEN THIS COMING! Its heartbreaking, she wants to see me when she gets home, says she thinks about me everyday, says she knows she made a poor decision f***ed up everything and hates herself for it... Yet still, even though it hurts me, stays with him over there. Why does she still tell me she loves me if she's with him? And why does she want to even see me when she gets home?. please any advice would help thanks
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2011, 06:31 PM
    Leave her alone. Forever.

She screwed you. Happens to the best of us, young & old.

She may say she loves you and feels like crap (boy, have I heard that one.), but she's miles away with another guy. Her actions & decisions are what's really important. What's she telling this guy? Gimme a break.

NC, now. Never speak with her, email, text, skype, or anything else. Ever. Throw out all of your pix, emails and anything else that reminds you of her. Delete her.

Will allow to heal & move on faster. Don't rebound either. Get over this first.

Sorry. Sucks big time.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 12, 2011, 06:44 PM

Are you one of those guys who has to be hit a few times in the head to know that you have been played for a fool big time?? Her words and actions don't match, and she has been feeding you a load of crap, and you seem to love it, so she feeds you more.

If I ever met a guy who needs to stop all contact with a female forever, its YOU. Talk about a fool for love, you are the perfect example of what not to do.

End the misery and make your family happy, and someday you will be glad you did.
    Leidenschaftlich für Wahr Posts: 243, Reputation: 46

Apr 14, 2011, 08:24 PM
    You are so being played... ditch her.
    pikeythemin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2012, 03:05 PM
    This has just happened to me and I now know this girl is a **** yes I still love her but the old her!! but she will hate the fact I never want to see her again man and it will make it ten times harder for the new guy believe me man 4 and a half years meant **** to her because she is happy with this new guy and I was the guy she thought would always be there! Not anymore man I wish her all the best but won't tell her that I left her wondering if I hate her or not you contacting her is making the new guys life easy she will maybe think **** I have made a big mistake and come back but or not.you need to talk to her say you don't want to be friends and tell her how much she has hurt you and then calmly say good bye it will hurt man really but it will work I feel nothing for the scum bag apart pitty and it does hurt man work out get fit chicks will love it and you will feel better and she will be gutted that you look so good
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2012, 07:05 PM
    Sounds like she has no idea what she wants. Let her go, not worth to waste any more of your time or efforts on someone who doesn't even know whether she wants to be with you or not. It is time to move on, whatever they do is up to them, also... stop talking to the boyfriend, that is just awkward.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My long term girlfriend is going to study abroad for a one year period [ 5 Answers ]

First of all, I am sorry for my english... I'm not a native speaker... I'm 26 and my girlfriend is 23. If I could describe how I feel about her as short as possible, it would be :"Someone I want to spend the rest of my life with". We have been together for two and a half years and we have plans to...

Girlfriend of 15 Months is studying abroad, and wants a break [ 13 Answers ]

Ok here's my story, I know there are a lot like this but my situation is different, at least I think it is. My girlfriend and I have been dating for 15 months, but it all started to go sour from my behalf about 13 months into the relationship. I am 23 years old and my girlfriend is 20. I had one...

Study abroad you.K. [ 1 Answers ]

We are trying to get more information about Study Abroad UK. They are located in England and we would like to find out if it is legitimate. We are in the final stages of applying for the fall semester. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

View more questions Search