Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susus Posts: 138, Reputation: 2

Apr 12, 2011, 08:42 AM
    What is the total energy dissipated by the resistor R after the switch is thrown
    What is the total energy dissipated by the resistor R after the switch is thrown?
    Consider the RC circuit in the figure below. The switch was at position a for a long period and it is suddenly switched to position b at time t = 0.

http://s1.postimage.org/nqpr2v8yf/prob01a_rccircuit.gif

so I did that What is Vc at time t = 2.00 ms?
    Use the following data : R = 452.5 Ω, C = 4.00 μF, Vb = 3.75 V.
    1.242 V it's correct..
    my problem is with this one :

******What is the total energy dissipated by the resistor R after the switch is thrown?
    I did w=-(epsilon^2)*C/2
    I got -2.8125*10^-5 J

Check out some similar questions!

Determine total amount of energy required to heat water 73500Joules or 4Ah? [ 1 Answers ]

Determine total amount of energy required to heat water to 73500Joules or 4Ah?

How to find beginning retained earnings with total revenues and total expenses [ 1 Answers ]

The company's total equity increased by $32,000 during 2011. New stockholder investment during the year totaled $65,000. Total revenues during the year were $500,000 and total expenses were $460,000. Cash on decreased by $7,500 during the year. What amount of dividends did the company declare...

Find total mechanical energy? [ 1 Answers ]

A baseball catcher applies a rightward force of 6000n to a leftward moving baseball to bring it from a high speed to a rest position over a distance of 0.10metres. If the ball begins with 605 j of energy , then the final or total mechanical energy in joules is?

Resistor switch on 98 Venture [ 2 Answers ]

Please advise how to exchange a resistor switch on 98 Chev Venture... does not work on speed 1 & 2.. Thank you Arnold

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.