Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HorrorQueen Posts: 56, Reputation: 3

Apr 12, 2011, 06:55 AM
    What is the best way to lose weight and get fit
    I know that eating healthily and exercise are obviously the best ways to lose weight, but from my starting point it is going to be very difficult. I am overweight and very very unfit, and I have become very unhappy with myself.

I want to change but I don't know how to get fit because at the moment I can't do much physical activity without getting out of breath very quickly.

Could anyone give me any help or ideas of how to start an exercise regime from a level of fitness which is non-existent? I am going to start eating healthily also, but the exercise is the thing I'm having problems with.

Thanks a lot
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2011, 07:15 AM

Hello Q:

Start with walking.

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2011, 07:18 AM
    Most people start with daily walks. Start with shorter distances and move up as you feel you're ready. Getting outdoors and putting your face in the sun during these walks also seems to help many psychologically to stay with their routine versus doing something indoors. Even when you don't feel like going ouit you need to push yourself to do so - you'll be glad you did after the fact.
    Good luck!
    HorrorQueen Posts: 56, Reputation: 3

Apr 12, 2011, 06:04 PM
    Comment on NeedKarma's post
    Thanks for the advice. We recently rescued a dog, so I'll start walking her in the daytime & hopefully create a routine!
    tingsfly Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Apr 27, 2011, 01:57 AM
    Do not eat too much, and do more exercise.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

May 11, 2011, 01:57 PM

When starting a routine of any sort the most important thing to remember is that everyone is different. Some can jump right into running 5k/day and others just can't.

You obviously realize your limit and now you can start to develop a routine for you. Start small and increase when needed.

Any activity (more than you do now) is improvement. Keep that in mind, you don't have to run 2 miles a day to be considered active. Active is relative to the person saying it.

Keep you head up and your feet moving. Stay motivated and have fun. Working out/excercising can be a very enjoyable time for someone. It get us away, gives us time to ourselves, to better ourselves. I personally love working out...

Good Luck.

If you have any questions, feel free to come back and ask... we're always here :)
    NJShoreGirl Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

May 18, 2011, 07:52 PM

I recently lost 30lbs and published an online ebook about it. I did my own plan... basically cut out a lot of carbs and stuff cheated. I definitely did not deprive myself. I made sure that I ate 6 times per day and got in some exercise. The first 10 lbs I lost was water weight... then it became harder for me to lose the fat. You need to really watch what you do since not having enough protein could also cause you to lose muscle as well and you don't want that to happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

Weight lose [ 1 Answers ]

I want to lose 20 kg in 3 months please sugest me exercise without equipment. I am 23 and my height is 5 feet

Why can't I lose weight? [ 3 Answers ]

Why can't I lose weight? I have been doing at least 30 min. of cardio a day and then I have a bowflex that I work out on for another 30-45 min. every day. It seems like nomatter what I do ,I can't lose any wieght, and don't seem to be gaining any muscle. What should I do. Im getting frustrated HELP!

Trying to lose weight [ 4 Answers ]

I want to lose about 30 pounds by may 13 its my 21st birthday and I really want to look good for it I need ideas for a diet that's doesn't cost anything that I can do

Trying To Lose Weight. [ 4 Answers ]

Yes Does Anyone Know Of A True, Honest Way To Lose Weight?:)

View more questions Search