Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    btuchman Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Vessel sink draining slow
    I have an ongoing problem with a new vessel sink.
    Question is there a minimum length between the bottom of the sink and the P-Trap?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2007, 10:36 PM
    Vessel sinks hae a very bad problem about draining slow. It is the way the plumbing is installed. It has no way to get air so it can "Breath"... to test if this is the problem you can get a soda straw, put lots of water in the lavatory, let it start draining and if it is slow stick the soda straw down into the drain but leave the top of the straw above the water level. If the water drains faster then this is the problem. If now it could be a clog in the drain.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 25, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by btuchman
    I have an ongoing problem with a new vessel sink.
    Question is there a minimum length between the bottom of the sink and the P-Trap?
    To answer your question, no there isn't. Why do you ask? Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Vessel Sink without overflow drains slow [ 59 Answers ]

I installed a new vessel sink without an overfolw and it drains very slow. When I loosen a connection and let some air in it drains fine, just like it did with the original undercounter sink. So I assume I need to do something to compensate for the lack of an overflow. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Installing pop up drain in new vessel sink [ 4 Answers ]

I am refurbishing my bathroom and installing a vessel sink. It came with the drain, a pop up drain, but it did not come with the instructions for installing this drain. It appears simple enough, but I do not want to install it incorrectly and experience any leaking around the vainity top I made...

Hooking up a vessel sink [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a vessel sink atop an adapted wooden vanity (which started life as a night-table). We're raising the vessel up about four inches by constructing a box for it on top of the surface of the vanity. My question is, can someone show me a diagram of the proper way to extend the drain...

Slow draining toilet [ 4 Answers ]

I've finished putting new seal on toilet and I have put a new tank on . Now when the toilet is flushed you need to hold the lever down and after all the water is out of the tank, the toilet finally drains. Then it seems to take awhile for the tank to fill back up with water... over a min. is that...

Help-- my bathroom sink is not draining! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello- I am having trouble getting my one bathroom sink to drain. I have tried everything I know to do. I have taken the trap off and cleared it, however, this did not solve the problem. Then I purchased a 25ft snake to do the trick. I removed the trap and put the snake to work. It went in...

View more questions Search