Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greenfrog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Limited warranty real estate deed
    What is the difference in a limited warranty real estate deed and a general warranty deed?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 23, 2007, 07:42 PM
    The limited warranty deed only gives you the specific warranty that is listed in the deed.

A general warranty deeds automatically includes all warranties included in the warranty deed of that state,
    Normally they are coveant of seisin ( the seller is the owner and has the right to convey title)
    Covenant against encumbrances ( free from liens)
    Covenant of quiet enjoyment ( no third partiy claims)
    Covenant of further assurance ( seller will do what ever they have to do even in the future to make sure the title is good)
    Covenant of warranty forever ( the seller guarantees that at anytie in the future the title fails, the seller will compensate the buyer for the loss

A limited warranty deed will only include normally just one of these.

A quitclaim deed ( not mentioned) does not contain any of these

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Limited waranty deed [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference between a general waranty deed and a limited waranty deed?

Warranty Deed [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I am new to the forum, but I hope someone has an answer to my questions. My husband and I bought some land in Fairfield , AR. By the way it is beautiful there, we live in California. I bought it on eBay, and you don't have to tell me that was dumb. I realize that now. They are starting to...

What is a Limited Warranty Deed? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference of a Warranty Deed and a Limited Warranty Deed?

Warranty Deed [ 3 Answers ]

I need to re-write description of my property after a new survey was done. What format should I use in the heading for conveyance to self. . Thank you

Limited Warranty Deed [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference between a regular Warranty Deed and a Limited Warranty Deed for a mortgage loan?

View more questions Search