Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erin1511 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2011, 11:46 AM
    I need a songwriter! Someone please help me!
    Hi, Im Erin and I love singing. Thing is though, that whenever I try to write something, I get about two lines and then just go blank.. I can't write a full song no matter how long I sit and work on it..
    I really really REALLY like Taylor Swift, so something like her songs would be great.
    Also stuff like, Justin Bieber, Usher, Taio Cruz, Rhianna, Beyonce.. Pop really. But mostly Swift.

Now, Im only 14 and my voice isn't as strong as it will be, so I can't get really high or really low notes yet, but I can do most other things.

I just really need some help to get my 'career' going in music. Thank you!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 11, 2011, 11:49 AM

Try out for school musicals and plays, join a community players group, sing in a church choir, learn to play at least one instrument, and take voice lessons, even if through the local Y or in a group program.
    gothica12 Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Mar 23, 2012, 06:36 AM
    Hi you're just starting but keep praciticing and you will develop over time. For ideas in lyric writing, write about your expereinces but also what you can relate too (even if it doesn't happen to you). By expereinces, write about what you were feeling at the time, or currently feeling etc and also other relatable expereinces. Maybe also write lyrics inspired by other songs, movies, books, characters, etc. also did you try extending you genre of songwriitign. I guess find what works best for you. Ask for people for help too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Paul Davis--american singer/songwriter [ 0 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can send fan mail to Paul Davis. The last I heard he was producing music in Nashville. He is not the UK Paul Davis currently building his career in music. :) Bit [email protected]

View more questions Search