Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shawty18 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2011, 09:30 AM
    Is it rape
    Hi I'm 18 girl and I was getting to know my uncle friend who is 27 and we were talking for about 2 weeks and he asked to come over my house to watch a moive that he was going to bring he forgot the moive so we watched some TV but then we started to kiss he new I didn't want to doany more then kiss but things kelp going and going until we both were naked on my bed still hadn't done anything yet we had stopped for a while and he told me that he new that I didn't want to do anybut then we started to kiss again and then he put hin **** closer to my ***** and when he was about to put his **** in me I told him to stop but he told me shhh and kelped going it was my first time and don't know if it was rape or not so is it rape
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Apr 11, 2011, 09:42 AM

Yes. You were raped and you should report him immediately. I'm so sorry this happened to you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2011, 10:09 AM

How did you go from kissing to naked on the couch. When you said NO, how did you say it, and did you try to get up off the bed.

While if it happened just like you said it is, but I suppect there is a lot more to this story
    shawty18 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2011, 10:39 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    He started putting his hand in my shirt and then he took it off me then my bra then he laid me down on the bed and try to put his hand down my pants at first I stopped him but he wouldn't stop try and I let it happen he takes off his own clothes we keep kissing. When I said no I didn't yell but I know he heard me. No I didn't try to get off the bed cause I didn't know what he would do to me cause he had gone to jail but I don't know why

Apr 11, 2011, 10:49 AM

Shawty- Don't mull over whether you should have yelled, gotten up and walked away, or even gone to hang out with him in the first place. Obviously you could have made decisions that wouldn't have put you in that situation-but that's irrelevant.

You said no, he even told you that he knew you didn't want to do it, yet he did it anyway-even after you tried to stop him. It was rape, regardless of how meek and compliant your fear of him made you. I really hope you report him before he has the opportunity to victimize another woman.

Again, I am so very sorry you went through this.
    HorrorQueen Posts: 56, Reputation: 3

Apr 11, 2011, 03:44 PM
    I am so sorry you had to go through this Shawty - it is irrelevant whether you screamed, shouted or tried to escape, if you said no and he had sex with you anyway, it is rape.

If anyone has sex with a person who has said no, that is rape no matter what the person did before saying no. No means no.

You need to report this Shawty, because this man might try this on with another young girl and it is not OK. He manipulated you and then raped you when you said you didn't want any more. He has to be stopped, and punished for what he did to you.

Good luck, I'm wishing that you have the strength to deal with this.
    ken007nielsen Posts: 288, Reputation: 211

Apr 17, 2011, 06:20 PM
    This seems a clear-cut case that is was in fact rape and thus you should report it to the police. (the sooner the better) and you might want to chat to your uncle, I'm sure he would like to know what his ''friend'' is up too!

I am annoyed over the fact that you say it's irrelevant whether who, what where and when!

Picture this: right before insertion, a tiny whisper which could only be heard by k9 ears IS not rape!
    I haven't tried it, and I know(hope/ since how do I really know) I never will.. there is always something to consider and your comments annoys me!

Apr 18, 2011, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ken007nielsen View Post

I am annoyed over the fact that you say it's irrelevant whether who, what where and when!

Picture this: right before insertion, a tiny whisper which could only be heard by k9 ears IS not rape!
    I don't think anyone is trying to say anything of this sort, Ken. What is being said is that it's obvious the raper in this case knew his victim didn't want to have sex (he even told his victim he knew she didn't want it), and the OP (victim) should not be second guessing herself at this point.

She SAID no, he heard her and even acknowledged it. It IS irrelevant whether she screamed it, broad-casted it over a loud speaker, or said it at a normal volume. She SAID no clearly enough for him to comprehend it. The rest IS irrelevant.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2011, 07:06 AM

Hello:

Rape isn't quite like robbery. It's more like art, in that rape is in the eye of the beholder. It SHOULDN'T be that way, but it is.

While the victim KNOWS she was raped, the "beholders" wonder what she was doing there IF she didn't want to get screwed... You can see that kind of thinking right here in this thread...

So, the more right wing people you elect to office, the more rapists will be seen as just some rowdy boys trying to get laid.

excon

Apr 18, 2011, 07:36 AM

I certainly don't want to see the "system" abused. Meaning I don't want someone to say "rape" when it was just poor choices.

In the particular instance of this thread, I think there's no doubt of what happened.

We could get into a whole debate about rape in another thread-but I feel like we're taking away from what the OP needs to do in this thread by starting that debate here.

Apr 18, 2011, 07:49 AM

excon finds this helpful : You're right, of course... I just wanted to say it...
    And it was well said :)

I wasn't trying to scold anyone, I was just trying to make sure the OP wasn't unclear about our advice that she report this man.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2011, 07:56 AM

Hello again, sa:

And, I don't feel scolded. Hopefully, I was giving the OP a heads up about what she might expect, if and when she DOES report it. I'm not saying NOT to report it. In fact, I'm saying the opposite. If EVERY girl reported EVERY rape, and saw it through to the END, maybe we could CHANGE the dynamic.

But, I see it going the other way. I see more and more women refusing to come forward, because they KNOW what they'll be put through - and they're RIGHT.

excon
    ken007nielsen Posts: 288, Reputation: 211

Apr 18, 2011, 01:08 PM
    Comment on southamerica's post
    I misunderstood it then..

Apr 18, 2011, 01:14 PM

I understand your point though, Ken. If we wanted to have a discussion about rape in another thread, THEN we could talk about false accusations, legislation, victim options, etc.

And Exxy, the OP definitely should be aware of what she's likely to face. It's the sad truth.

Shawty, I hope you get the justice and healing you deserve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this rape? [ 36 Answers ]

The father of my child I am sure raped me, not as in the dramatic cornered me into a bush and forced himself on me, but through a lot of twisted stuff and forced sex. We started as friends but he always had a motive and pretend to be as nice as he could to gte close to me. We did end up having a...

Need someone to ask about a rape [ 10 Answers ]

A girl said she was raped at the age of 11 and the boy was 19 at the time it supposably happened 2-3yrs ago.. but she never said a damn thing to no one and never once acted scared of the guy. In fact she was still hanging out with him going places. She never went to the hospital either. What's...

Is It Rape? [ 6 Answers ]

The other day,I just remembered something that happened to me in my past.It just all started coming back to me.I was talking to my boyfriend on the phone,and just started having a panic attack.I remembered when I was in 6th grade (I'm in 9th now) that my best friend would always ask for us to kiss,...

View more questions Search