Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tamaraashton Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2011, 08:29 AM
    Small tube connected to the faucet of laundry tub runs?
    Hi there, from what I have read I realize the small tube running from my laundry sink faucet must be there. However my seems to run through the hose constantly! Should this be happening? I'm concerned that it's costing me extra money considering it's hot water running through it.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 11, 2011, 03:49 PM

HI Tamaraashton...

Not sure what we are talking about here, OK?

What tube connects to the laundry sink faucet... shouldn't be any tubes here?

Are we talking about a condensate pump at the other end of the tubing... a tube connected to a little pump box next to a forced air furnace?

Please follow the tube and let me know what is connected on the other end and also tell me how this tube connects to the faucet... is it just tied onto the side or is it actually connected somehow, OK?

The more you can tell us the more we can help...

Mark

Apr 11, 2011, 04:21 PM
    Comment on massplumber2008's post
    Hi Mark
    It's a small clear hose that's connected into the base of the tap, it's fitted into the base of the tap. Then it runs down into the cement floor. I've been told it's a primer hose something to do with sewer gases.

Tamara

Apr 11, 2011, 04:27 PM
    Comment on massplumber2008's post
    Hi Mark... guess I should have said that there is water running through the hose, sorry about that.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 11, 2011, 04:45 PM

Hi Tam, any chance you could snap a photo for us? Sounds like a trap primer, but hard to say for sure without seeing it. If it is a trap primer, you may be able to repair it. Otherwise, replace it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Install wall mount faucet over old laundry tub [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, First - thanks for running such a great service. It has been very helpful! I have one question for which I've not been able to find an answer here. Our house has an original laundry tub and wall-mount faucet in the basement laundry room. It is a "Cuthbert" compression faucet with 8...

Tub faucet runs [ 10 Answers ]

My tub faucet runs at the same time

Laundry tub drain tube [ 1 Answers ]

While replacing the hot and cold cartridges for the laundry room faucet I had to pull out the small drain tube that runs from the bottom of the faucet assembly. As part of the cartridge got stuck and couldn't get the rest out from the top, I had to disassemble everything and remove the faucet...

Replacing a faucet on a laundry tub. [ 1 Answers ]

I need to replace the faucet on my laundry tub and am having trouble figuring out how to get to the plumbing as it is inside the bracket that holds the tub to the wall. There are three screws holding on the tub one on top and one on each side. However, there is a bolt holding on the screws on the...

Small tube from my laundry tub taps [ 2 Answers ]

I want to move my laundry tub. There is a small metal tube (about 1/4") coming from the bottom of the taps. It then is simply fitted into a rubber tube that runs down to the floor. It is behind the base 2/4 of the wall so I cannot see if it goes into the floor or along the wall behind the 2x4. ...

View more questions Search