Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scruffziller Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2003, 08:07 AM
    The term "JUMPING THE SHARK"
    I know this term is in reference to The Fonz jumping over the shark in that famous Happy Days ep. BUt I have never really caught its meaning when used as way to describe another show like... "Oh that show jumped the shark the first episode."
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2003, 06:42 PM
    It's a moment - A defining moment when you know that your favorite television program has reached its peak. That instant that you know from now on... it's all downhill. Some call it the climax. We call it jumping the shark:

http://www.jumpedtheshark.com/

scruffziller Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2003, 03:05 PM
    That is interesting. So when they say it, it is an insult.
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

Jul 23, 2003, 05:03 AM
    True - but it is an opinion usually. For example if you look through there they say that for Law & Order it was when Chris North left the show & that was about 9 years ago.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jul 31, 2003, 11:40 PM
    The book "JUMP THE SHARK"
    Well I was in the bookstore the other day... and I happened to see a book called "Jump the Shark." It was basically a long index of many TV shows and described how each had "jumped the shark." :)

Just thought you might be interested. :)

:)

~psi42

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Who did this song: from the 80's, probably called "typical" or "that's typical" [ 2 Answers ]

Some lyrics as I hear them: Windowsill, my elbow's numb As I heard the door go and saw your car As it glides onto the road Double wasted dumbness Sodding off and I can't hear you go And that's typical There you sit in the driving seat

Difference between "htm" and "html" [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, In all the websites I make, they all come out when loaded onto the server as a "htm" file. But I see others who have "html" files on their sites, what exactly is the difference, if any? For example: what is the difference between index.htm and index.html and will the nameservers...

View more questions Search