Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shaida Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2011, 01:58 AM
    Marital problems
    Salaam Alaikum, I have a serious problem with my husband as he is a compulsive or pathological liar and I have tried to be patient but it is ruining our lives. He cannot help himself and lies about all things big and small, serious and mundane. We have broken up before and he always begs me to take him back and it goes better for a year or two and ten it starts again. Our kids are getting older and the eldest has picked up on the lies as he always gets disappointed. He is gone for a few weeks and I have found out that he lied to me about a huge purchase he made that we cannot afford and might ruin us financially. Am I permitted to divorce him and take the kids away?
    PinkHarley Posts: 15, Reputation: -1

Apr 10, 2011, 02:00 PM
    Why don't you pray about it? Look for your own personal revelation and make your own decision. What is best for you and the children? If your husband knows he is accountable to no one and that he can always get you back, what motivation does he have to change and get better? If it seems he is getting worse, then you know what you are currently doing is not working. Consider the laws of the country where you live and your financial options and your family support. Then ask yourself if you and the children are better off with him or without him. Family relationships and marriages must be based on truth and respect. Unfortunately your husband is already choosing not to be truthful partner. It is a burden to hide him and his behavior from the world and the children. Is he willing to get help? Is he also lying at work? Is he stealing from work? He has major behavioral problems and may also have mental problems. I hope you will find the answers you seek. Divorce is hard on children, and being a single parent is hard too. But if things are bad enough, you may decide it is better to leave. I recommend leaving only if it is the only answer left. I am so sorry for your situation.
    Shaida Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2011, 11:35 PM
    Salaams. Shukran for the advice and for answering. I know that I cannot help my husband anymore because we have been going through this too long. I pray that I will have the strength to see it through. Jazakallah

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Menopause and Marital problems [ 4 Answers ]

My wife and I have been together for 7 years, married 5 1/2. In the last year and a bit our marriage has fallen apart. Also my wife has been going through the menopause. It got to the stage that I was moving out and at the last minute she changed her mind. Now she says it is over and that she is...

Marital Problems [ 10 Answers ]

Hello everyone.. I have been married for 7 years,we always had problems.. coz of lack of trust.. I was from a well educated family.. my uncle was the one who took care of me.. my husband was our family friend.. in the beginning itself.. he insisted me to have sex with him.. I trusted him so...

Marital assets [ 1 Answers ]

My wife is being sued for a credit card debt. My wife has no income. If a judgement is entered against her, and my name is not on the account, can my assets be used to sastify that judgement?

Marital Debt [ 3 Answers ]

Our divorce is 2 years old. The Property/Debt agreement stated that she would sell the home and use the profits to pay off all marital debt, then divide the remaining monies between her and I (75%-25%). Her getting the 75% since she does have our 2 children. Since signing the divorce decree she has...

Marital reading [ 1 Answers ]

Can I have a reading on my relationship with my husband please?

View more questions Search