Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tom1727 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2011, 07:06 AM
    1991 honda civic dx Could there be anything else wrong (Bad fuel injectors)?
    1991 honda civic dx Could there be anything else wrong (Bad fuel injectors)?
    I pulled the fuel injectors and there is fuel coming out of the fuel injector port both primary and secondary. I tested the fuel injector electrical plug and it reads 10v with the ignition on and it goes up to 12.9 when it is cranked over. I think it is the fuel injectors but before I spend that much I wanted more opinions .
    6 hours ago - 4 days left to answer.
    Additional Details
    No Fuel in the carb. First I changed fuel filter. Then I changed the fuel pump. Still no fuel the I pulled gas line at the carb and I had fuel. Then some one suggested fuel injector
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 10, 2011, 11:16 AM

If you have direct fuel injection then you have no carburetor. What your looking at is called a throttle body. It's a completely different component.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 10, 2011, 11:20 AM

Here is a listing of some of the prices for replacement. Im sure if you do a search you can find more then this.

http://www.drivewire.com/search/?PN=...Value=category
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2011, 11:45 AM

Fuel injectors and fuel pumps are almost never bad on Civics. Describe your symptoms more specifically.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I check my fuel injectors 97 Honda Civic [ 2 Answers ]

I'm getting 2 OBD codes which are PO302 and PO304 What can I do.

Can you get to the fuel pump through the trunk in an 1991 honda civic [ 3 Answers ]

When I drive the car acts like it is running out of gas under half a tank when I pull over it will idle but won't drive live it is running out of gas replaced the fuel fitter and still does it so going to try to change replace a fuel pump but do I have to take the whole tank out

1991 honda civic fuel injection or carburetor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is my first question on this site. Does anyone know if ALL 1991 Honda Civic LX's have fuel injection or a carburetor?

1991 honda civic bogs even after fuel filter replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1991 Honda Civic Hatchback. A few times I put the key in the ignition switch, turn it, and click! Nothing.. If I keep trying it, eventually it does click and start. Now this usually happens when I've been driving for awhile, and then shut it off and let it sit. It happens the...

Fuel injection relay 1991 Honda Civic EX [ 2 Answers ]

I have been reading the advice on home repair of this main fuel relay in the honda civic. I have identical problems and symptoms. My problem is that I can not find the relay. Ive had the fuse block almost completely out, and the relay is just not there, on the front side or back side. I...

View more questions Search