Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jwrbrts Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 03:10 PM
    1099-div
    I purchased mutual funds in December 06 from T-Rowe Price and received 1099-DIV tax forms recently. I have small amounts of money reflected in the ordinary dividends and capital gain distributions boxes. Is it necessary to report these small amounts on my taxes? Thanks, John
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 23, 2007, 10:09 PM
    John:

Yes, please report them. The IRS computer may kick out the return for review by a human auditor if these monies are not reported. Who knows what happens then?

Why risk it?
    jwrbrts Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 02:06 AM
    Thanks AtlantaTaxExpert
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 24, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Glad to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CSS Div layers for each screen size? [ 2 Answers ]

HI! I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a way (and if so how) to auto resize div layers according to a persons screen resolution and if not, is there a way (and if so how) to either call an external css file accordingly or code internal css to do the same thing? That's a mouthful! But...

1099-g and 1099-int [ 8 Answers ]

Hi ATE, I am following this forum for last couple of months. It is a very good source of tax information. I am non-resident alien from India. I was on F1 (OPT) from Jan 06, 2005 to Nov 30, 2005. My H1B status started on Dec 01, 2005. I am filing 1040NR-EZ and Form 8843. I have received...

1099-g and 1099-int [ 1 Answers ]

HI ATE, Thank you for reply. I always thought that 1099-INT (Interest income) from non-business activity such as savings/checking account interest, deposit receipt interest or anything that comes under category 1099-INT is exempt for non-residents and should not reflect on 1040NR-EZ. What do...

Div Vs Table [ 3 Answers ]

Just a quick question. I've seen a few pages on the internet about using DIV tags instead of tables. Could someone just quickly tell me what's the best to use? I could imagine DIV tags would provide you more control via CSS, but I can also see that they would be a pain in the ass to use. ...

View more questions Search