Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    audreylauren Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2011, 07:08 AM
    "Verbal" Ban from a store?
    Yesterday I was caught shoplifting from three different stores, and have a notarized ban from one, one store was not brought into it, and finally one store gave me a lifelong "verbal" ban as well as the mall in question banned me for a year. Honestly I have never heard of a verbal ban and when I came home I began researching to find out the details about it and found nothing. He did not take any of our information, didn't make any notes of our appearances or charged us or anything like that. He simply said that it was an official lifelong verbal ban from the store.
    Does that even exist?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2011, 07:21 AM

Yes, "it" exists. You have been TOLD to stay away from a store. If you enter the store and are recognized you will be arrested for trespassing.

Someone is going to say it so I guess I will - you were caught shoplifting three times and your biggest concern is whether you can legally be banned by verbal warning?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2011, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by audreylauren View Post
    Does that even exist?
    Hello audrey:

Sure. It's HIS property. He can say WHO enters upon it, and WHO doesn't.

excon
    audreylauren Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2011, 09:34 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    I was just curious I would not make the idiotic mistake of walking back into the store. Simple curiosity my friend
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2011, 11:24 AM

First, I'm not your friend. Please don't be flippant.

Otherwise - you shoplifted three times and your biggest concern is whether a verbal warning is legal.

When someone posts that they've shoplifted three time I assume they've already made 3 idiotic mistakes. I'm trying to keep you from making a fourth.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 9, 2011, 04:41 PM

Yes, first where you arrested or ticketed for the theft ?

Next yes a verbal ban is all that needs to be done ( assume they wrote it down in their book or records as is normally done. So if they find you in the store, they call the police to have you arrested and have the date you were told in their records.

"in writing" does not make it any more legal,

And of course your lack of concern over your criminal action is noted and shows you don't plan most likely in honoring the bans

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the duties of a store keeper? And what are the document handle by a store-kee [ 3 Answers ]

What is the duties of a store keeper? And what are the document handle by a store-keeper

The differences between verbal and non-verbal skills [ 1 Answers ]

The differences between verbal and non-verbal skills

General Store Owners' own personal purchases from the store [ 1 Answers ]

We have just started to run a general store as a family partnership of 4 people. We take out what we need for our own consumption but do we need to account for this in our yearly accounts please?

View more questions Search