Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shawhyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2011, 11:01 PM
    SIX YEAR The limitation period IN ONTARIO CANADA?
    Hello,during years 1999-2000 I opened up an gift shop and after few months I fall in to bad debt all because of bad landlord.I hired a lawyer and he promised me he will win us about $300k lawsuit, but after three years he called me and told me he can not win the case and we need to accept a small settlement which only paid the money I paid the lawyer.my lawyer also said that I could not go bankrupt because of the lawsuit.as a result I fall in to large debts and many phone calls from different collection companies for may years which resulted in making me ill and to this day I am suffering the outcome of all harassing calls.now after I and my family suffered for more than 10 years a collection agency called arc started calling again? Oh what a drag!! sometime I thought I have no where to go and I though of killing myself.one thing is worrying me a lot is that if they can sue me after 10 years.I know that I never accept to owe any money to owe anybody(in fact it is is the fault of the landlord) but I am afraid if they can come after my property I have now after all those years of suffering.please reply.thank you all.

Check out some similar questions!

Collection call (statue of limitation) (Ontario Canada) [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Southern Ontario Canada and have the following situation : I have received a collection call about an account closed due to a consumer proposal 4 years ago and they claim my wife's name was on the account for which I don't have any recollection nor papers to show that. In the mean...

What is the Statute of Limitation on real estate loans in ontario canada [ 4 Answers ]

Mother in law passed away the house is in estaste husband is buying out sisters and title going into his name but now lawyer is saying have to go to court to clear title cause the PERSON BEFORE mother in law had a lean from 1960 she bought in 1968 umm she had the deed and title of the house this...

Statue of limitation,ontario canada [ 2 Answers ]

If the new law went into effect on Jan 1, 2004 does the time lapse start from the last point of contact or last payment, even if the payment was 17 mthspast the maturaty date of the loan

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.