Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rpray2007 Posts: 319, Reputation: 23

Apr 8, 2011, 04:20 PM
    Does the IRS pay early if I file early?
    I believe we are due for a refund from the IRS and I want to know if I should have filed early so that I could have gotten the refund earlier. Is that even true? Or are all tax refunds mailed out after the 15th (or 18th for this year)?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 8, 2011, 04:33 PM

My older son filed in February and got his refund within three weeks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 8, 2011, 06:24 PM

Yes you should have filed early, to get the early refund
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 8, 2011, 06:28 PM

The IRS processes returns as they receive them. If you file early and electronically you can get your refund in 2-3 weeks. The longer you wait to file the more of a backlog the IRS has and the time to refund stretches out,

Besides which, if you are owed a refund and don't file early you are essentially loaning the government money interest free.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Apr 8, 2011, 06:32 PM
    I filed on February 16th and received my refund on March 4th.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 8, 2011, 08:01 PM

I already mailed them my check, I much prefer not to loan them my money, so I have as little as possible with held so I get more each pay check

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early morning/afternoon Nature show in the early-mid 90s. [ 2 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP! Ive been trying to remember the name of this nature show I used to watch on TV as a kid. It was really low-tech and basically had one guy in it. I remember watching it in the early 90's, maybe on Nickelodeon, PBS, or some other children's programming station, but the filming style is...

How to pay back early withdrawal penalties [ 1 Answers ]

Last year I had to to cash out on a 401k and a rollover IRA due to being laid off and earning less than half the salary than the previous year. I was wondering how am I supposed to pay the early withdrawal fee? Is it something that automatically gets taken out when I withdraw or do I have to pay it...

Early distribution IRS penalty [ 1 Answers ]

I have an annuity under my 401K plan that I want to cash in. I know I'll have to pay taxes on the distribution. I'm wondering what the penalty will be to the IRS? I am 49 1/2 years old. Thank you

Why can't I use my last pay check stub to file my taxes and get an early loan anymore [ 13 Answers ]

Did the IRS make a new rule about getting a loan through H&r block with your last pay check stub? I tried to get an anticipation loan like I always do and they told me they are not allowed to do that anymore unless you have your w2. Why is that

Can I pay off bankruptcy early [ 1 Answers ]

I have just filed a chapter 13 what happenes if I can pay it off early

View more questions Search