Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    williamknapp Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2011, 03:17 PM
    How can I tell if my house is haunted by ghosts or demons
    All 4 of my children say they hear footsteps and voices,see dark shadows and feel their beds shake.I have also herd footsteps and felt my bed shake.I've woken up in middle of night,not remembering having any dreams but feeling an extreme sense of fear.I've felt something grab the back of my shirt and lightly pull me backwards.my 7 year old son says that a mean man's voice tells him to do bad things like hurt mommy or it will hurt him.none of my kids can sleep at night without leaving their lights on.PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IS HAPPENING.
    nene11xx Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2011, 12:13 AM
    I am only 13 but I have had the ability to see and hear ghosts for as long as I can remember . Its sounds to me there is definitely something in your house and you should get help .
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Apr 9, 2011, 02:55 PM
    Yes, this is trouble. It needs to be removed by someone who knows their authority in Jesus Christ.

How long has this been going on? Anything trigger it?

Find a Spirit-filled church and make sure the pastor is confident in removing entities. No need to contact the Catholic church.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 9, 2011, 03:55 PM

Yes the Catholic Church would require a complete investigation of any and all other possible reasons before they do anything as for as demons that may possess people. Their priests do house blessings on regular basis.

So why someone would say not to contact them, just confusses me

Apr 10, 2011, 04:48 PM
    Comment on hauntinghelper's post
    These things have followed me since I was 6 years old and no matter where I lived so I don't know what triggerd this. I just bought this house 7 months ago and this stuff started right off the bat.last night my little girl woke up and came and told me that something keeps poking her in the back really hard.I've tride calling several diffent places for help, I've even tried e-mailing paranormal state but no answer from them and no one else will help.my little girl is very sick with McCune Albright Syndrome, which is a rare bone disease,I'm just afraid this is too much for her to physically handle.I wish someone would just believe me and help.

Apr 10, 2011, 05:23 PM
    I know my comment might come off as confusing. I am not one that considers there to be a great division between Protestants and Catholics. I consider them brothers in Christ along with all who believe on the name of the biblical Jesus. However, due to the media in movies over the last several decades... people seem to think that a Catholic is the only one able to deal with demons. Simply not true... and I think the Catholic church as a whole is quite terrible at teaching what the bible actually says on the subject as opposed to what the CHURCH says about it. I wonder if it would even be much of an issue if it wasn't for movies like the Exorcist and Amittyville. It has just been my PERSONAL experience that the help is truly lacking. I do not mean to insult any Catholics on here and I by no means mean that I have all the answers.

Williamknapp, do you know if there is a family history of this type of activity? Or has this only been known to you? Any sort of occult practices in yours or your family's past? Besides Paranormal State, who have you contacted? Denominations, paranormal groups, spiritists, etc.. Hang in there, there is help.

Apr 11, 2011, 02:13 PM
    By the way my name is angela, I'm using boyfriends e-mail address.I know things have happened to my mom but no kind of occult things in my family.I was told that negative energy can attract these things including trauma.well I was abused by father,I was in a few car accidents as a child as well as a few house fires.I went through 2 abusive husbands.my daughter was just diagnosed with rare bone disease.I don't know what do you think.

Apr 11, 2011, 02:16 PM
    I forgot to add that besides paranormal state I have only contacted a few local churches.I live in a small town of West Virginia so resources are limited.

Apr 11, 2011, 02:18 PM
    Angela, this really sounds like an attack on your family. I wouldn't say that negative energy attracts these things, but you have a point on the trauma. Trauma, whether physical or mental/spiritual can open doors... and these things will sneak in faster than you can imagine. I'm sure the accidents, abuse, fires and other situations all have a hand in this... I might even add that the situation with daughter could be involved. Biblically speaking, demonic activity has it's hands everywhere. I'm not saying find a demon under every rock... but they can cause havoc in every aspect of our lives. I SERIOUSLY suggest, as I did earlier, that you find a spirit filled church and do some talking with the pastor. If that seems a little overwhelming I would be more than happy to track a good one down for you.

Apr 11, 2011, 02:38 PM
    That would be wonderful because things having begun to physically touch my daughter and I fear for her health.35% of her skull is made up of soft tissue and I'm afraid she will try to run down stairs in middle of night to get to me out of fear and fall.if she hitts her head hard enough it can kill her.I have recently had a dream that she fell off a high building and her skull was completely crushed.I pray every night GOD will help us cause we have no where else to go.

Apr 11, 2011, 05:32 PM
    If I may ask... what did these churches tell you when you brought this problem to them? Please be specific... I would even like to know the denominations if you don't mind. The sad thing is, is that only the church has authority to deal with these situations, but at the same time, most churches don't know HOW to deal with it.

Apr 11, 2011, 05:34 PM
    I do encourage you to pray... but not in a superstitious manner. Keep it real and keep it personal. None of this "Hail Mary" stuff. Prayers are not supposed to be repetitious magical words. Pray forcefully and heartfelt in Jesus name. Please do not give up. Help IS out there.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 11, 2011, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    I do encourage you to pray...but not in a superstitious manner. Keep it real and keep it personal. None of this "Hail Mary" stuff. Prayers are not supposed to be repetitious magical words. Pray forcefully and heartfelt in Jesus name. Please do not give up. Help IS out there.
    Please don't make disparaging remarks about others practices in religion like you had just done. Hail Mary is a prayer and a rosary is a ritual. Not to be confused with each other.

Apr 11, 2011, 05:50 PM
    I understand that. But a lot of people do not understand the difference. I was encouraging her to feel free to be open and heartfelt about her prayers. I was not trying to downplay Catholicism.

Apr 11, 2011, 07:07 PM
    Its just a small town church that holds only about 30 people or a little more and they told me to ignore these things because if I acknowledge them I will give them strength.they said that if I act like they don't exist they will lose all strength and diappear but I've tried that and the more I ignore,the more aggressive it seems.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Apr 12, 2011, 11:00 AM
    You go to any church you feel comfortable with.
    The Catholic church has a school for exorcists , they take this seriously like many others do and should.
    If you cannot find someone , go to the top of this page and under your name , click on " messages,"
    Here you can send a private message nobody else can access except the addressee , give me your address and other contact information you feel comfortable with , and I will discuss this with the other members and we, or I , will find and refer you to someone who will help.
    Expert

Apr 12, 2011, 11:04 AM
    Comment on martinizing2's post
    You can send that information to anyone here you are comfortable with.

Apr 12, 2011, 05:01 PM
    Wow... that actually sickens me when I hear things like that. So ignorant... of what their own bible teaches nonetheless. I had a feeling it was going to be something like that. Any minister or who takes this seriously will be willing to travel to set a family free. You might have to look outside of your town.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2011, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post
    If you cannot find someone , go to the top of this page and under your name , click on " messages,"
    here you can send a private message nobody else can access except the addressee , give me your address and other contact information you feel comfortable with , and I will discuss this with the other members and we, or I , will find and refer you to someone who will help.
    This site is designed to help others publicly. This is so that not only the asker, but also other web surfers who find the thread, can see the answers/replies.

Yes, we do have a Private Messaging system on this site, but that should be used for personal communications rather than general questions.
    Expert

Apr 13, 2011, 03:28 PM
    Comment on RickJ's post
    I only was asking for the address if needed. And I didn't want it to be in the regular forum for public viewing if she felt the need to give it. And I did say that I would confer with other members about who in her area may be helpful.
    I did not intend any other communication in messaging.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are there ghosts in my house? How can we know that there are ghosts [ 8 Answers ]

Are there ghosts in my house? How can we know that there are ghosts. And how can we communicate with them?

Ex says 3 y/o daughter argues with ghosts and might let demons in [ 5 Answers ]

My ex is into talking to ghosts and that sort of thing. I understand this is a hobby for some people and can even be a career, BUT I think it is going to far to involve a 3 y/o. My ex has called me and said our daughter is arguing with ghosts and she is afraid the child may unknowingly let in a...

Does it sound like I have ghosts or demons in my bedroom [ 12 Answers ]

I remembe once when I was 13yearsold I was in my bedroom it was a dark night I was just listening to music I then desided to look out my bedroom curtains out of my window I then saw a man looking back at me with a evil angry expression on his face he had blonde curly hair he was wearing a blue...

Could ghosts jump from house to house? [ 20 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking to purchase a lot and build a new house. I "googled" the name of the road where the lot is to and 10 web links came up for that road being one of the most haunted places in CT. It reads that there is a "white lady" that is in one of the houses on the road. She is not a mean...

View more questions Search