Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yoyilaco Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2011, 12:43 PM
    Have you had an idea of the value of a LALIQUE oil painting?

I have this Lalique Oil Paint for over 30 years. It measures
    72" W by 60"h. I would like to know a feedback, value and
    any information about this paint. Some people tell me that it
    may appraise high as when it was framed I was told that for
    less than $900.00, do not sell it. That happens about a little
    over 25 years ago. I saw a much smaller piece of art for sale
    on Ebay for $7,000.00 from lalique, with the same signature and
    style on the paint. That inspired me to look at my piece to be sold
    on auctions.
    Attached Images

tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 8, 2011, 01:42 PM

It is, as far as I can see a beautiful piece, but to be quite honest, there is absolutely no way we can appraise something we can see, touch, peruse. I suggest you take it to an art appraiser, of course it will cost, but if you feel you have a worthwhile piece then do it. It would be impossible to sell it at auction without a signed appraisal from a notable appraisor.

Tick
    beckyp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2011, 10:27 AM
    I also have a old oil painting from laligue, One of our old dear friends gave it to me before she moved to a nursing home. I know she said she had it for over 40 years.. Im having a hard time finding any info on it or where to get apprasied... any help would be grea!t
    Ibzinya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2011, 12:00 PM
    These must have been made from a mold or stamp of sorts as I own an absolute identical example... leading me to believe that their value is somewhat diminished, seeing as how there are obviously more than one example.
    kokutzu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2012, 06:39 PM
    Hi yoyilaco,

Did you find the info you were looking for your painting? I have something similar and I was wondering if you can help me. Still searching for info.
    Thanks!
    Mitch
    John_mcdonald Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 06:45 PM
    I have the same painting, which my parents bought in about 1965. Apparently, many were turned out, assembly-line style; the gallery owners I have asked had never heard of the artist, and I have never been able to find anything else about him/her. I'm guessing it's not worth much, given that there are so many of them, and my parents didn't pay much for it when it was new.
    toponder Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2012, 07:12 AM
    I have the same painting also, in S. Florida. Has anybody had any luck in valuing it? It's nice - hate to just give it to goodwill. It's big - 62" x 42". My email is toponder / Yahoo...

Thanks,
    Jeff

Jun 25, 2012, 07:17 AM
    Following up on my own post: I see that mine a little smaller than the original poster's painting (72" x 60"). So these aren't simple stamps or exact duplicates, but may be reproductions by some process. Anxious to see any follow ups on this. Thanks
    Expert

Jun 25, 2012, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by toponder View Post
    Following up on my own post: I see that mine a little smaller than the original poster's painting (72" x 60"). So these aren't simple stamps or exact duplicates, but may be reproductions by some process. Anxious to see any follow ups on this. Thnx
    toponder, what you see in this thread is what was offered; so no, there is nothing that is forthcoming. I could not help and I think I am the only one here now who can help in artistic values as much as we can determine from a picture on the net.

Jun 25, 2012, 06:40 PM
    Thank you tickle. Do you have any advise on other possible resources we may turn to help value these pictures?
    ellisd132 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 11:01 PM
    I will buy it from you, I used to have another one similar, but it was destroyed when I left it with my sister.Do you still have it? I would love to have it, I'll even drop a couple of bucks!=}
    Uncle Angus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2012, 12:25 PM
    So strange I've seen the same piece of art work at a friends home
    Did this artist produce more of the same work ?
    Expert

Oct 23, 2012, 02:06 PM
    They are made piece-meil everywhere.

Oct 26, 2012, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ellisd132 View Post
    I will buy it from you, I used to have another one similar, but it was destroyed when I left it with my sister.Do you still have it? I would love to have it, I'll even drop a couple of bucks!=}
    Hi. Are you still in the market? Let me know what price you'll pay. Mine is very nice, with a brushed metal frame, 42"x62." [email protected]

Dec 2, 2012, 01:00 PM
    I am not selling it but would love to know any value. After I bought it for $15.00 at a garage sale, was appraised no less than $900.00 at a Fort Lauderdale Antique store. Evruone loves it when they enter our living room as it sits alone in a big wall.
    dogg123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2013, 12:32 PM
    He is the famous glass makers relative, may be his brother, I can't recall

Jul 4, 2013, 02:10 PM
    Hi! I am sorry for this big delay and I didn't meant to be rude. I total forgot about this until I was talking to a friend about it today. So far, I haven't had any good response about was I was looking for. I don't want to sell, just to have an idea of the value it may have.
    Cheers!

Jul 4, 2013, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by toponder View Post
    Hi. Are you still in the market? Let me know what price you'll pay. Mine is very nice, with a brushed metal frame, 42"x62." [email protected]
    Hi! I am sorry for this big delay and I didn't meant to be rude. I total forgot about this until I was talking to a friend about it today. So far, I haven't had any good response about was I was looking for. I don't want to sell, just to have an idea of the value it may have.
    Cheers!
    tader1975 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2013, 06:58 AM
    I have a different painting. Mine reminds me of a scene from the movie/book-"Lost Horizon". It is also large and the signature is the same. It is a monochrome. I purchased it from an elderly gentleman who had bought it in the LA area many years back. I'd love to know more about the artist. It doesn't matter to me if it is valuable because I love the theme and the troweled look to the paint.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help me identify this artist name and oil painting-photo of painting and name [ 0 Answers ]

I am going to try to get photo of artist name and photo of oil painting. I cannot read the name of artist and hoping that someone out there can help me. The colors are beautiful, and the painting measures approx 27" x 38 1/2". Thanks!!

Identify Painting Name and Artist - Oil Painting - Rabbi with shtreimel [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am looking to identify the Artist's name and Painting name of this Rabbi with a shtreimel (fur rimmed cap) Is is in oil, was framed in the 70's in Winnipeg, MB. Canada. Was told a tale that the Painter was Polish in origin, and went blind, this being his last painting. Photos we...

Oil Painting [ 2 Answers ]

I have an oil painting, and trying to find out about the artist... his signiture reads: W.HARTLEY Does anyone know or heard of him?

Oil Painting by SR [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm trying to find out who the person is who painted this oil painting. The only thing I have is the initials S R painted on the bottom right of the picture! Has anyone got any of the Artists pictures or knows who he or she is? Replies much appreciated. Thanks.

View more questions Search