Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rodneyw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2011, 09:55 AM
    Cubic inches of ashes vs wright
    How do I convert the weight of human ashes to cubic inches?
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Apr 9, 2011, 07:00 AM
    You'd need to know the density of human ashes. I tried Googling it, and I saw a number of unreliable-looking answers. The closest thing I've seen to a definitive source was here, where the author claims (or quotes somebody else who claims) that the density is 0.5g/cm^3.

In that case, you'd take the weight in grams and divide by the density. That would give you volume in cm^3. To get volume in cubic inches, you can use the conversion factor that there are about 16.4 cm^3 per cubic inch. Therefore, you'd take your answer in cm^3 and divide by 16.4 to get cubic inches.

I'm guessing you probably have the weight in pounds, not grams? If so, multiply the weight in pounds by 453.6 to get grams.

Putting it all together, assuming the figure of 0.5g/cm^3 is correct, you'd have:

weight(lbs) to volume(in^3): V = W*453.6/0.5/16.4 = 55.4W

So each pound of weight corresponds to about 55 cubic inches of volume. That's probably something like 1/6 the volume of a shoe box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is wright tax form [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I came to US as student (F1-visa) in 2006. I have been filing 1040 EZ since 2006 and now I realized that I filled the wrong form. Did I fill the wrong form? Can I change that or fill another one?

Obama and Wright [ 22 Answers ]

Why are people so concerned with what Reverend Wright is saying when it isn't he who is running for office. I don't agree with all of my friends or family so why do we assume that Rev. Wright's stand is in agreement with his?

Which one is wright? [ 1 Answers ]

An increase in payroll taxes will? a. shift the SRAS curve to the right b. increase employment c. decrease cost per unit of labor

I don't know how to choose the wright man? [ 6 Answers ]

Don't know how to choose the wright person more than one asked me if I agree to marry him but when I ask him what is the most thing which attract you n they simply answer your body you have beautiful carve figures :eek: . No one of them said about ma personality by the way I do have strong...

Frank LLoyd Wright [ 1 Answers ]

I \have some fabric that was designed by Frank lloyd Wright. I would like to use it and claim the designer. I can not find any source to verify the designs. Would any of you know if there is a site with ALL his fabric designs. Thanks Steff

View more questions Search