Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Burd Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Jan 23, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Painful break up
    Well this stories a bit long, me and my ex broke up ovr a year ago mutually, you see we were spending too much time together and both our parents didn't approve of this, when we broke up it was horrible, I lost weight, and was depressed and heart broken, after 8months we started talking again, we are now in contact but in different relationships, I still love her and it hurts to talk to her, We can't get back even thou we both would love nothing but that, but it confuses and hurts everybody around us, friends,family, and boyfriend and gfs, we tried talking about it but we blank it out every time, I hate living like this. Any suggestions?

Should I just forget about her and move on? Should I risk everything and everyone for her?
    Suicidal Addiction Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Burd
    well this stories a bit long, me and my ex broke up ovr a year ago mutually, you see we were spending too much time together and both our parents didnt approve of this, when we broke up it was horrible, i lost weight, and was depressed and heart broken, after 8months we started talking again, we are now in contact but in different relationships, i still love her and it hurts to talk to her, We can't get back even thou we both wud love nothing but that, but it confuses and hurts everybody around us, friends,family, and bf and gfs, we tryed talking bout it but we blank it out every time, i hate living like this. any suggestions??

shud i just forget about her and move on? shud i risk everything and everyone for her?
    I know just how you feel... I would try to start it again and this time take things more slowly... u know him or her more than you know anyone else so just try again I know you might be afraid to get hurt but throughout your life your going to get hurt so just take the chance and if it doesn't work out after the second time just say goodbye and try to forget u might find someone better lol
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 24, 2007, 12:37 AM
    How old are you and what's up with the parents?
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2007, 02:07 AM
    well this stories a bit long,
    LOL. This wasn't that long. You should see some of the books I write.

me and my ex broke up ovr a year ago mutually, you see we were spending too much time together and both our parents didnt approve of this, when we broke up it was horrible,
    I'm a little confused. The parents didn't approve of all the time together or you being together as a couple.

i lost weight, and was depressed and heart broken, after 8months we started talking again, we are now in contact but in different relationships, i still love her and it hurts to talk to her, We can't get back even thou we both wud love nothing but that, but it confuses and hurts everybody around us, friends,family, and bf and gfs, we tryed talking bout it but we blank it out every time, i hate living like this. any suggestions??

shud i just forget about her and move on? shud i risk everything and everyone for her?
    Actually I'm hoping you can give us a little more detail. But my first suggestion is to break up with your current girlfriend. Your not being fair to her by being emotionally attached to you ex. Also you need to really straighten out some of these feelings before you get involved with another woman.
    Expert

Jan 24, 2007, 07:46 AM
    I agree chuff, they both have partners, but can't see each other. This maybe some kind of cultural thing.
    sauce_69 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 09:15 AM
    well this stories a bit long, me and my ex broke up ovr a year ago mutually, you see we were spending too much time together and both our parents didnt approve of this, when we broke up it was horrible, i lost weight, and was depressed and heart broken, after 8months we started talking again, we are now in contact but in different relationships, i still love her and it hurts to talk to her, We can't get back even thou we both wud love nothing but that, but it confuses and hurts everybody around us, friends,family, and bf and gfs, we tryed talking bout it but we blank it out every time, i hate living like this. any suggestions??

If you both truly love each other then you should do wutever it takes to be together, real loves hard ta come by

Jan 24, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    How old are you and whats up with the parents?
    Were both 21, when we broke up we were 20

My parents don't approve of her, and like wise her parent for me, they think it'll never work, because of our ethnic back grounds.

Maybe it is a lost cause after all.
    chippers Posts: 440, Reputation: 88

Jan 24, 2007, 09:37 AM
    I think you might know the answer but are looking for validation. The fact it hurts when you talk and sometimes come up blank are signs you're moving on. You both have other relationships and you feel torn between the 2. whether it's bothering other people like family members, your main concern is dealing with how you're feeling at the moment.
    Your heart doesn't know the difference between culture or family objections. It'll take time to heal. The first time you talked, the old feelings you had for each other came flooding back like a tidal wave. Your concern shoulod be with your partner. How does she feel about you talking with an ex? How much are you invested in your cuurent relationship?
    We on the whole may say it doesn't bother us if our partners talk to an ex, but deep down we're worried and scared
    The ball is really in your court. No one can tell you what's right or what's wrong. But personally, If I were in a relationship and I loved my partner, I would focus on that.
    My ex is in the past where he belongs and my future is with the one I care about now.
    I hope this helps.

Jan 24, 2007, 09:50 AM
    I don't enjoy spending time with my present girl friend as much as I love spending time with my ex,

My girlfriend thinks I don't talk to my ex any more, she feels insecure about her, because I think she feels I love my ex more than her.

The truth is, I can't fight 2 lost battles. I don't know who I should be with. They both make me happy, but if I had the choice today I'd choose my ex.

Jan 24, 2007, 09:51 AM
    Talaniman you were right this is a cultural thing, but only to my parents not to me.
    Expert

Jan 24, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Then you have a decision to make and a lot of thought needs to go into this as I have no knowledge on the cultural restraints you face. You can be happy or your families can be happy. It is you and your love who will have to live with this decision the rest of your lives. You and the one you want need to honestly talk and make sure you both know what your getting into. Can you handle the consequences? A lot of thought and communication is needed here friend and I can only wish you luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Painful underarm lumps [ 17 Answers ]

Good morning. I am a 41-year-old woman. My mother had cancer in her left breast and died of widespread metastatic bone cancer last year. I am religious with getting my annual physicals and mammograms and just had both in February. I am trying not to be paranoid however… A few weeks ago I noticed...

Painful intercourse [ 7 Answers ]

I've been experiencing severe pain during intercourse. I saw my GYN and she did not see anything wrong except a bacterial infection which has since been treated. I also had full STD tests taken and everything was negative. If I feel the interior wall of my vagina, there seems to be a bump where...

Painful Breakup. [ 15 Answers ]

Here's the story, my ex breaks up with me in November, but then tells me the next day it was a mistake, he wants me back and is very sorry. Things went fine until boxing day, I hadn't saw him for about 2 weeks since my grand-father died and I had been busy, we were talkingon Boxing day and he says...

Painful scalp bumps or cysts [ 1 Answers ]

I have painful bumps or cysts on my scalp. They tend to come and go. This only started when I was 23. I am now 25. I am a female African American. I have seen the DR, and he said it was " hydonitus"? Can anyone help me? Is it serious? What causes it?

Painful menstration with sickness [ 3 Answers ]

I am 43 years old. My periods are regular. However, over the past 18 months I have had 3 periods where, for 1 hour each time, I have been in absolute agony, boiling hot, and been sick. Has anyone else had this, and is there anything that can be done about it?

View more questions Search