Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kbhood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2011, 03:12 PM
    Dark shadow in my dream that's trying to grab my legs?
    Every so often I have a dream of a dark shadow at the foot of my trying to grab me.. the scariest one I've had was I went to bed and woke up mind you I was asleep but awke in my dream.. anyway I wake up and see the dark shadow at the foot of my bed isit up and back up to the wall where I try to flick the light on the switch is above my head but just keeps getting higher and higher then I scream but can't hear myself,the dark shadow grabs my leg and I wake up.. ive had it before and its always the dark shadow grabbing at me then once it does I wake up.. also in my dream its as real life same clothes same way my room is same everything.. I need help
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Apr 7, 2011, 05:19 PM
    There are some in this forum that will talk at length on sleep paralysis and other such situations. I understand the reasoning of this, but do not buy into it. As one who, when I was younger, dealt with strange dream situations... I feel for you. Not for one second do I think that our subconscious randomly hands us these things at night. I do believe these situations are caused by spirits.

Is there anything in your life you can think of that may have invited something in? Anger, dabbling in the occult, etc..
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Apr 7, 2011, 06:20 PM

And here it is!
    Sleep paralysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is based on accounts of those who have this and years of study by Doctors, Psychiatrists , and many extremely intelligent and dedicated professionals who did and still are studying it.
    I would not dismiss this possibility because of a single person that is probably not very familiar with the concept "doesn't buy into it." Or many other aspects of the paranormal that are not specifically mentioned in the bible.

This limits the possibilities to demon or no demon causing the problem.
    With the number of bona fide phenomena reported on and investigated ,to attribute it all to demon activity is as archaic as the world being flat at the center of the universe.

There are many other explanations that should be considered first because the vast majority of these things are explained and stopped by action other than "treating for demon infection."

I believe there is demon activity and a multitude of ills caused by them that are blamed on other things.
    But even with that taken into account , the majority are not caused by demonic activity.
    Demonic cases stand out as an entirely different set of circumstances that require sometimes drastic , lengthy and dangerous measures.

Many religions and paranormal investigators share this conjecture and will rule out by study and investigation all other possibilities before acting on anything concerning demonic activity.

I believe this is the logical, safe , and rational way to approach any paranormal activity.

It is the person who has experienced something that will make the choice as to what they want to do.
    I like to think we have given them all the options and enough information to make a good , well informed decision.

That is all we really can do from a forum on the internet. And I think it can be a great help and bring some peace of mind , while lessening the sometimes overwhelming fear that can be caused by experiencing this.

Apr 7, 2011, 06:28 PM
    Drastic, lengthly and dangerous measures? This is the world looking at demonology when you use those terms... it is not what is found in the bible. Not once are believers told to fear the devil or his power... respect it, yet... fear it, no.

Believe it or not, I do not look for and find a demon under every rock and behind every illness. But, as you very well know, it does not take away the validity of said existence. There are degrees of evil and power in the spiritual world. Some cases are simply going to appear more mild on our side of the dimension due to two things...
    1) the power/wickedness of the spirit
    2) the deceptive nature of the spirits
    Someone does not have to have their head spin around before one can say a demon is involved. I know both personally and from close friends that the dream world is VERY affected by demonic intervention.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Apr 7, 2011, 06:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    Drastic, lengthly and dangerous 1..measures? This is the world looking at demonology when you use those terms...it is not what is found in the bible. Not once are believers told to fear the devil or his power...respect it, yet...fear it, no.

Believe it or not, I do not look for and find a demon under every rock and behind every illness. But, as you very well know, it does not take away the validity of said existence. There are degrees of evil and power in the spiritual world. Some cases are simply going to appear more mild on our side of the dimension due to two things...
    1) the power/wickedness of the spirit
    2) the deceptive nature of the spirits
    Someone does not have to have their head spin around before one can say a demon is involved. I know both personally and from close friends that the dream world is VERY affected by demonic intervention.2..
    1..I said... SOMETIMES takes those measures.
    I am not saying to fear anything. Fear comes from people who do not understand what is happening and it is a natural response .

2.. But that still says it is all demonic , just in various degrees.
    Do not your beliefs limit the possibilities to demonic or not demonic?
    If I misunderstood this I will apologize.

Apr 8, 2011, 01:56 PM
    Well, yes, just like either Jesus Christ really was who He said He was, or He wasn't... either something is demonic or it is not... there is no middle ground with it. I'm not saying every dream is demonic... not by a long shot... but I do know that sometimes that is the source. Was that what I needed to clarify or did I misread?
    kmaria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2011, 10:00 PM
    Hi kbhood...
    I was actually looking for the meaning of almost the same dream as you...
    Da only difference is the shadow actually scares me and its right after just closing my eyes I have noticed that I might go to sleep at 1 and wake up to the nightmare and tried going back to sleep and soon as I closer my eyes I go straight back in and seeing the same figure closer and closer... waking up I grab my phone and notice that its berly 10 minutes past 1o'clock... I slept over at my parents and at my sister in laws house and had not had a single nightmare but I have seen that I have bn having them only at my new apt.. Well I have bn there for about 3 months now. I am not a religious person really I do believe in god and I'm not scared easy. But the last 3 times I have just asked god for it not to be there and I fall asleep soon after... Have you gotten an answer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I see a dark shadow he follows me he's tall and he wears a hat [ 5 Answers ]

I have this tall shadow figure who follows me I only see him for a seconed or two before he's gone he wears a hat I don't know I get scared but I feel like he's here for some reason my husband thought I was crazy when I first told him until one day he saw him also he believed me then he likes...

Dark legs [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Im Rose I used fair & white serum & gel (all pink) on my leg below my ankle & part of it cleared bt a larger part ddn't . My leg is looking ugly, *** what shld I do? Because I can't wear anytin above my ankle. Im feeling embarrasd. *** help me. Tanx

What does a black shadow mean in a dream [ 7 Answers ]

My sister is in the hospital and not doing well at all. I had a dream something was pushing my head down and I woke up and seen a black figure fly out the window?

Dark spots on my legs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... ive had these dark spots on my legs for about a year and tried all kinds products but they never worked. Is there any kind of whitening cream that really works. I got these dark spots from insect bites and I kept picking them and now their big and black. I haven't worn shorts outside for a...

View more questions Search