Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superpenguin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2011, 06:07 PM
    My teacher took my phone for a week, is that legal?
    I always bring my phone to school,but I make sure it is low volume so in-case it turns on by itself it won't make any noise. The one day I forget to turn it down before turning it off, it turns on and I asked the teacher if I could turn it off and she said for me to turn it off and give it to her. I asked if I could have it when it was the end of the day and she said no and that I'd have to get my mom to get it but my mother is out of town and sick. I then did not know so I proceeded to go to my locker and pack-up and then she came out and said that since this is my "3rd" (really 2nd) time I have gotten it taken away that my mom only could come after a week, my question is this, Is that legal?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2011, 06:09 PM

Yes its legal.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 6, 2011, 06:14 PM

Yes, lucky they will even give it back. I will assume there are rules against having them at school ( there should be , and if you had one, at all at school it needs to be in a locker)

So let mom get it at end of week
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 6, 2011, 06:38 PM

Yes, many schools have a policies against phones.

At least you get yours back before the year ends. Take this as a lesson and keep your phone home.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 6, 2011, 07:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by superpenguin View Post
    ... i asked if i could have it when it was the end of the day and she said no and that i'd have to get my mom to get it but my mother is out of town and sick. ... my mom only could come after a week ...
    Teacher thought about it and changed the ruling so that Mom can't get it either for a week? Is this specified in written school policy?

Who is looking after you while your mom is out-of-town?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teacher took my iPhone away, won't give it back; gave 2 other students phone back. [ 9 Answers ]

I go to a high school. I got caught listening to music one day in class, my teacher took my phone away. I thought she was going to give it back at the end of the day. When I came and asked her, she said I was listening to music during a classmates presentation and my parent will have to pick it up...

Is secretly cell phone tracking someone legal? [ 18 Answers ]

There is a thread here where a guy talks about tracking his new wife, to prove to himself that she is faithful to him. He keeps seeing small differences between where she says she's been and where the phone says she's been. Is it legal for him to do this without her knowledge?

Can we make post birth abortion legal up to one week? [ 25 Answers ]

My daughter had a child and was not ready for it right now, her job wants her to go overseas, but there is no one to watch the baby. She really need this job for her career. I think there should be a provision for allowing up to one week after birth to correct such a mistake. I don't see how she...

1 more week to go with NC, then the phone call! [ 11 Answers ]

I have been doing the NC and have one more week to go before I can contact my ex by phone. Rule is that you cannot leave a message, you need to keep ringing (once a day is suffice) for a couple of days. If he does not answer the phone and has ID can only hope that he will ring back to see why I...

Phone the doctord but can't get in next week [ 3 Answers ]

I phoned the doctors but can't get a appointment. Only if it is emangency what should I do in the mean time if I think that I could be prgnant with the implant in need your help

View more questions Search